If you have applied through UCAS to study at Edge Hill University and firmly accepted an offer of a place for 2019 entry, you could make a difference to your student life and finances by applying for an Excellence Scholarship worth up to £2,000.
Excellence Scholarships have nothing to do with your financial situation, degree subject or academic achievement. If you are proud of something you have done and can demonstrate determination, commitment and achievement outside of your studies at school or college, then we want to hear from you.
You may excel in disciplines similar to the following examples or be able to demonstrate excellence in an alternative area of expertise.
- Creative Arts – Are you a budding designer, painter, filmmaker or sculptor? Are you a promising writer of short stories, poetry or scripts?
- ICT and Enterprise – Do you run your own business? Have you designed a website or blog? Do you have advanced ICT skills?
- Performing Arts – Do you shine in dance or drama? Do you have musical talents, such as composing, singing, playing an instrument or being part of a band?
- Volunteering and Citizenship – Are you a keen volunteer who gives up your time to help others or fundraise on a regular basis? Do you raise awareness of issues locally or nationally?
The above examples are potential areas of excellence based on previous applications but this is not intended to be a comprehensive list. If your expertise or achievement is not covered by our suggestions, don’t be put off! We encourage you to put forward an application for consideration.
Please note, if you can demonstrate dedication, talent and achievement in sports performance, coaching or officiating, you should apply for a Sports Scholarship.
- If you have firmly accepted an offer of a place on a full-time undergraduate degree or integrated Masters degree: £2,000, paid in instalments across the duration of your course. Payments in Years 2 and 3 are subject to you passing annual reviews;
- If you have firmly accepted an offer of a place on a full-time foundation degree: £1,500, paid in instalments across the duration of your course. Payments in Year 2 are subject to you passing an annual review;
- If you have firmly accepted an offer of a place on a full-time PGCE: £1,000, paid in instalments across the duration of your course.
To be eligible to apply for an Excellence Scholarship, you must have applied to study a full-time undergraduate degree, full-time integrated Masters degree, full-time foundation degree or full-time PGCE at Edge Hill University and have firmly accepted an offer of a place to study with us.
If you are awarded an Excellence Scholarship but subsequently defer your offer of a place to study with us, you will no longer be eligible to receive the Excellence Scholarship, though you are welcome to re-apply for an Excellence Scholarship in the following application cycle before you join your course. Please bear in mind, however, that there is a competitive application process so a successful outcome to your second application cannot be guaranteed.
Direct entrants to Years 2 or 3 of an undergraduate degree or integrated Masters degree, as well as permanent employees of Edge Hill University, are not eligible for an Excellence Scholarship.
A successful application for an Excellence Scholarship will make you ineligible to receive a Sports Scholarship. You are welcome to apply for the two awards, however, and if both applications are successful you will be able to choose which scholarship you would prefer to receive.Check your eligibility using our Scholarships Calculator
Discover more about the achievements and endeavours of recent Excellence scholars with our case studies of a selection of recent winners. Each of these recipients applied for an Excellence Scholarship as a prospective student.
To be considered for an Excellence Scholarship, you need to complete our Excellence Scholarship Application Form.
The Excellence Scholarship application form will be available to download from this page when applications open in February 2019.
A selection panel will judge all applications received.