If you are in Years 1 or 2 of a full-time undergraduate programme in academic year 2020/21, or Year 1 only of a full-time foundation degree, you may be eligible to apply for an Excellence Scholarship worth up to £2,000.
Excellence Scholarships have nothing to do with your financial situation, degree subject or academic achievement. If you are proud of something you have done and can demonstrate determination, commitment and achievement outside of your studies, then we want to hear from you.
You may excel in areas such as:
- Creative Arts – Are you a budding designer, painter, filmmaker or sculptor? Are you a promising writer of short stories, poetry or scripts?
- ICT and Enterprise – Do you run your own business? Have you designed a website or blog? Do you have advanced ICT skills?
- Performing Arts – Do you shine in dance or drama? Do you have musical talents, such as composing, singing, playing an instrument or being part of a band?
- Volunteering and Citizenship – Are you a keen volunteer who gives up your time to help others or fundraise on a regular basis? Do you raise awareness of issues locally or nationally?
The above examples are potential areas of excellence based on previous applications but this is not intended to be a comprehensive list. If your expertise or achievement is not covered by our suggestions, don’t be put off! We encourage you to put forward an application for consideration.
Please note, if you can demonstrate dedication, talent and achievement in sports performance, coaching or officiating, you should apply for a Sports Scholarship.
- If you are applying in Year 1 of a full-time undergraduate degree (BA/BEng/BSc/LLB/MBChB) or integrated Masters degree (MComp/MEng/MNSW/MSci): £2,000, paid in instalments across the duration of your course. Payments in Year 3 are subject to you passing an annual review;
- If you are applying in Year 2 of a full-time undergraduate degree (BA/BEng/BSc/LLB/MBChB) or integrated Masters degree (MComp/MEng/MNSW/MSci): £1,000, paid in instalments across the duration of your course;
- If you are applying in Year 1 of a full-time foundation degree (FdA/FdSc): £1,000, paid in instalments across the duration of your course.
To be eligible to apply for an Excellence Scholarship, you must be enrolled on:
- Year 1 or Year 2 of a full-time Edge Hill University undergraduate degree (BA/BEng/BSc/LLB/MBChB) or integrated Masters degree (MComp/MEng/MNSW/MSci);
- Year 1 of a full-time foundation degree.
Conversion degree (top-up) students, Erasmus students, repeat year students and permanent employees of Edge Hill University are not eligible.
A successful application for an Excellence Scholarship will make you ineligible to receive a Sports Scholarship. You are welcome to apply for the two awards, however, and if both applications are successful you will be able to choose which scholarship you would prefer to receive.
If you were previously awarded an Excellence Scholarship or Sports Scholarship as a prospective student, you will not be eligible to receive an Excellence Scholarship as a current student.Apply for an Excellence Scholarship
Discover more about the achievements and endeavours of recent Excellence scholars with our case studies of a selection of recent winners. Each of these recipients applied for an Excellence Scholarship as a current student.
To be considered for an Excellence Scholarship, you need to complete and submit our Excellence Scholarship Application Form.
The closing date for applications is Monday 31 May 2021 at 5pm.Download the Excellence Scholarship application form
A selection panel will judge all applications received.
If you have any queries about Excellence Scholarships, you can get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist you.