Got an offer through Clearing? Need to sort out your student finance?
What you need to do depends on whether you’ve already applied or if you need to start your student finance application. Simply follow our instructions below.
And to help you navigate your finances we’ve put together some advice, resources and money saving initiatives to help you before start and while you study with us.
If you’ve already applied for student finance
You’ll need to update your student finance application if you’ve accepted an offer from a university through Clearing. You can do this online using your student finance login. Follow these simple steps to update your application.
- Log in to your account at: Student finance login – GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)
- Go to ‘Your Account’
- Select ‘Change your application’
- Then select ‘University/College and Course’
- Update with the university and course you’ve accepted through Clearing
And that’s it, you’ve updated your student finance application.
If you haven’t already applied for student finance
Wanting to go to university this year? Not already applied for student finance?
We recommend that you apply now to give you the best chance of receiving your loan in time for the start of your course. Student finance will do their best to make sure you receive support in time and if your funding is delayed contact your university to let them know.
To start your application visit: Apply online for student finance – GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)
Clearing applicants from Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales
If you live in Northern Ireland, Scotland or Wales you’ll need to update your application or apply for student finance through your devolved governments. Follow the links below to find out more.
You can save money with Edge Hill University
Choosing the right student bank account. Getting a student railcard. Taking advantage of student discounts. Our advice and resources can help you navigate your finances.
And we’ve put some initiatives together to help you save money while you study with us including:
- Good value accommodation – with a range of rooms to suit every need and budget we offer some of the best value accommodation in the North West (Finalist in the best value for money category – Global Student Living Awards 2022).
- Student job bank and part-time jobs – our Careers Team can help you find a part-time job and advertise opportunities for students. You could also earn extra cash working on campus.
- Discounted food and commuter breakfasts – currently our students can take advantage of 10% off food and drink using our cashless payment system as well as weekly food offers. Commuting students can start their day with a free hot drink and breakfast item every Tuesday and Thursday.
- Free travel and parking – catch our free Edge Link but between campus and Ormskirk town centre (during term time). We also offer free parking on campus for permit holders and a car sharing scheme.
- Scholarships and Student Opportunity Fund – we offer scholarships worth £2000 that celebrate success, determination and commitment and our Student Opportunity Fund offers support to help you take part in employment-enhancing activities.
- Free laptop loans – if you don’t have the funds to buy your own laptop, borrow one from Catalyst.
Discover more about saving money with Edge Hill
July 3, 2023