Skip Navigation

Reasonable adjustments

If you have a disability or health condition, the University has a duty to make ‘reasonable adjustments’ to its buildings and services. Many disabled students require simple adjustments such as extra time for coursework or exams, or minor room adaptations. However, if you have complex requirements, you may need one or more of the following, the list below isn’t exhaustive, and we will discuss your requirements with you to find reasonable adjustments that are tailored to your situation:

  • · Exam modifications or an alternative assessment
  • · 1:1 support to help you with your studies
  • · Accessible Accommodation, facilities and equipment/software
  • · Advice and support regarding placements and work experience

The DSA may fund academic support because of the impact of your disability or health condition. However, daily living needs such as personal care support or a carer’s room are funded via local Social Services and you should make contact with them at the earliest opportunity during the application process.