Academic Governance and Quality Assurance (AGQA) is a central support department which oversees the development and implementation of the University’s processes for programme development and quality assurance. We provide expert guidance to the University, and supports its faculties and departments in meeting their obligations in relation to the quality assurance of academic standards.
The AGQA provides consistent, professional, innovative and solution-focused advice and support. This is achieved through careful consideration of students’ and stakeholders’ needs and viewpoints and by regular self-reflection, evaluation and adaptation of processes and approaches to communication.
Meet the team
- Kelly Hand – Head of Academic Governance and Quality Assurance
- Katherine Griffiths-Smith – Senior Academic Quality and Standards Manager (Curriculum Design and Development)
- Victoria Winstanley – Academic Quality and Standards Manager (Validation and External Examiners)
- Lydia Richardson – Academic Quality and Standards Manager (Monitoring and Review)
- Jane Sutton – Academic Quality and Standards Manager (Regulation and Partnerships)
- Nicola Ryan – Academic Quality Officer
- Jen Smith – Quality Administrator
Privacy notice and fee claims
Use the button below to see the privacy notice for externals for validation and periodic review.Privacy notice
Use the buttons below to download the relevant fee claim form.Validation external panel member Validation external consultant External examiner