Careers support for first years
Welcome to Edge Hill Careers. We’re delighted that you are visiting our website – here’s how we can help you.
What can I do with my degree?
As part of your degree you will develop many transferable skills which mean that you have more careers choices than you may think.
- Explore a range of career paths: Help by Subject
- Following your undergraduate degree you may choose to do further study: further study options
- Volunteering can be a way to try something which may help you choose a career. It also provides a great opportunity to give something back to the community, make friends and find out more about the local area. Community Connect gives you more information about opportunities to volunteer in the Ormskirk, Skelmersdale and Burscough area and how you can get involved.
- Develop your skills by completing Extra Edge Award
Extra Edge Award is a special programme for First Year students on an undergraduate degree. The programme enables you to track your work-related skills and will recognise the efforts you make by undertaking a range of activities
Find out more and complete our Expression of Interest form now at Extra Edge Award.
- Target jobs introduction for first years on how to boost your employability while enjoying university life. Career Survival Pack
If you aren’t sure about your future plans, the Prospects website can be a good starting point to generate ideas.
Review The Times Top 100 Graduate Employers.
Watch this video to find out how best to navigate the Prospects website: