What can I do with my degree?
Geography and Geology graduates have a variety of careers available to them, including sustainability and the environment, consultancy, heritage, civil service, town and country planning, transport planning, waste and recycling, exploration and surveying and engineering to name a few.
The skills gained from a degree in Geography and Geology include :
- Research skills
- Communication, developed through report writing and presentations
- Project management
- Work independently and also as a team
- Organisational and planning
- Computer literacy
- Problem solving
- Research and data collection, analysis and evaluation
- Self-motivation and self-reliance
- Understand abstract concepts and relate these to a range of audiences
Explore your future
Further ideas and resources
The Prospects and Target Jobs websites are good sources of careers information and resources for social work students.
Finding a graduate job
Don’t forget to look at our graduate vacancies to explore where to find roles including those in the North West if you are planning to stay local once you graduate.Edge Hill graduate vacancies Finding graduate vacancies in the North West
Volunteering is a great way to develop your skills. Employers value experience developed in many different settings.