The Language Centre
Edge Hill University’s Language Centre is part of the Faculty of Arts and Sciences. We are located on the ground floor of the Law and Psychology building, which has contemporary teaching and learning facilities including a 265-seat Harvard style lecture theatre. The Language Centre has two dedicated spacious classrooms and a Language Lounge.
Get in touch
The Language Centre run a variety of exciting seminars and workshops available to students and staff. Discover what’s on and find out how to join.Find out what’s on at The Language Centre
Study with us
Facilities at the Language Centre
The Language Lounge is a dedicated space for language learning. It is located in LP0.09 in the Law and Psychology building and is open to all Edge Hill students and members of staff. It contains 16 computers in independent learning workstations plus a range of facilities:
- Newspapers in different languages including Le Monde and El País.
- Novels and graded readers in different languages.
- Dictionaries in Arabic, French, German, Italian, Mandarin and Spanish.
- A space for relaxing and meeting with your language partner on the Conversation Exchange Scheme.
- DVDs in different languages.
Language and skills support
We have a wide range of support sessions available to help you improve your language skills in a relaxed and friendly environment.Explore language and skills support