Leadership Self Awareness and Self Empowerment HEA4037
This module focuses on reflection to determine: the type of leader the student is, the type of leader they aspire to be and why, and the action that will be taken to further their leadership development. This will be supported by group work, debate, action learning sets and student led seminars to create a learning community.
|Cost:||£780 for September 2022 to July 2023|
If your tuition fee is being paid by a sponsor or you are a sponsor paying a student’s fee, you are required to send a copy of a purchase order to [email protected].
For further guidance please visit: Sponsored students – Edge Hill University
Who is this module for?The module is targeted at healthcare professionals working in a clinical role (including allied health professionals, clinical scientists, nurses, doctors, paramedics) and those working in a non-clinical role (such as managers, social workers, patient advocates and the voluntary sector).
What are the key aims of the programme?The aim of the module is to facilitate leadership self-awareness and self-management in order to empower health and social care workers to develop their leadership skills. The focus will include personal reflection, peer review and self-awareness tools such as emotional intelligence, psychometric testing and action learning.
How will I study?Mode of delivery: Blended learning based on a hybrid Model.
This module will be delivered through blended learning based on a hybrid model. A hybrid model is ‘an educational approach where some individuals participate in-person and some participate online synchronously (at the same time).’ The tutor(s) deliver sessions and teach remote and in-person learners synchronously using appropriate technology, meaning that the students are taught together in ‘real time’. This means some of your teaching sessions will be delivered in-person and some are online synchronous delivery. If you are unable to attend in-person, with your Module Leader’s permission, you can attend the in-person teaching session, online synchronously.
What Will I Study?
- Psychometric theory and tools
- Emotional Intelligence
- Personality Type
- Leadership approaches
- Leadership self-awareness and self-empowerment
- 7 habits of highly effective people
- 360 theory
- Case studies
- Action Learning Sets
- Reflective models.
How will I be assessed?A personal leadership development plan.
On successful completion you will:Critique own leadership skills, qualities and competencies and formulate an action plan to facilitate your future development.
Study dates and venues
Venue: Ormskirk Campus, Edge Hill University
Starts: Tuesday 13 September 2022
- 13 September 2022, attendance, 1pm-5pm
- 20 September 2022, attendance, 1pm-5pm
- 27 September 2022, synchronous online, 1pm-5pm
- 4 October 2022, synchronous online, 1pm-4pm
- 11 October 2022, attendance, 1pm-5pm
- 18 October 2022, work shadowing/assessment prep
- 26 October 2022, synchronous online, 1pm-4pm
- 1 November 2022, synchronous online, 1pm-4pm
- 8 November 2022, attendance, 1pm-4pm
- 15 November 2022, attendance, 1pm-4pm
- 22 November 2022, attendance, 1pm-5pm
- 29 November 2022, attendance, 1pm-4pm
- 7 December 2022, attendance, 9am-12pm or 1pm-4pm
- 10 January 2023, attendance, 9am-12pm or 1pm-4pm
- 31 January 2023, attendance, 9am-12pm or 1pm-4pm
- 21 February 2023, attendance, 9am-12pm or 1pm-4pm
- 28 February, final assessment date