Enhancing Paramedic Practice HEA3179
This module will explore the role of the Paramedic, enhancing the practitioners' professional knowledge and exploring further their professional and legal obligations when delivering and managing care in the pre-hospital environment.
If your tuition fee is being paid by a sponsor or you are a sponsor paying a student’s fee, you are required to send a copy of a purchase order to [email protected].
For further guidance please visit: Sponsored students – Edge Hill University
Who is this module for?The module is specific to providers of unscheduled care.
What are the key aims of the programme?
- To explore and critically debate the evidence base supporting the development of the paramedic role
- Critically analyse the impact of Policy and Law on paramedic practice
- Critically reflect on the challenges of developing the role of the paramedic.
How will I study?This module is normally studied over eight sessions, one half day session per week for eight weeks. The module overall takes 15 weeks. The module will take place at our St James' Manchester site.
What Will I Study?
- Policy development and dissemination
- Law and the practitioner
- Ethics and decision-making
- Assessment of Capacity
- National drivers and Regulations
- Developing the role of the autonomous practitioner
- Multi and intra professional working
- The role of the paramedic in the wider health workforce.
How will I be assessed?A 4,000 word essay, critically analysing and exploring the current and future developments of the Paramedic Practitioner, with emphasis around the issues and challenges that need to be considered.
On successful completion you will:Understand and critically evaluate policy decisions which impact on your practice. You will have the knowledge and skill to contribute to the development of your profession and will be able to take an active role in enhancing the professions ability to provide evidence based high quality healthcare. This module also supports your continuing professional development.
Study dates and venues
Starts: Tuesday 14 February 2023
- Tuesday 14 February 2023, attendance, 9.30am - 1pm
- Tuesday 21 February 2023, attendance, 9.30am - 1pm
- Tuesday 28 February 2023, attendance, 9.30am - 1pm
- Tuesday 7 March 2023, attendance, 9.30am - 1pm
- Tuesday 14 March 2023, attendance, 9.30am - 1pm
- Tuesday 21 March 2023, attendance, 9.30am - 1pm
- Tuesday 28 March 2023, attendance, 9.30am - 1pm
- Tuesday 4 April 2023, attendance, 9.30am - 1pm