Advanced Respiratory Care Practice (adult) HEA4262
This is a level 7 (Masters) module that offers the opportunity to critically examine common respiratory conditions and their evidence based management, aligned to the person centred care approach in adults. Students will develop acritical understanding and critical awareness of current issues in clinical practice and the application of new insights within respiratory practice.
By providing this form of clinical education to Masters level, staff are able to make more of a contribution to patient care in the arena of advanced clinical practice.
|Cost for new students:||£940 for 2023/24 academic year|
If you are an existing student who is undertaking this module as part of a programme, your module fee will have been advised to you by email. Any queries on fees to [email protected].
If your tuition fee is being paid by a sponsor or you are a sponsor paying a student’s fee, you are required to send a copy of a purchase order to [email protected].
For further guidance please visit: Sponsored students – Edge Hill University
Who is this module for?
This module is applicable to all healthcare professionals working in an environment that involves caring for respiratory patients who fulfil the entry criteria.
What are the key aims of the module?
The module aims to equip the ‘generalist’ healthcare professional practising at an advanced level with a vital insight into the specialist aspects of patient care and to offer an opportunity to students to critically examine common respiratory disorders within the context of their own clinical practice.
How will I study?
This module requires 7 full day attendance session. The module overall takes 15 weeks.
What will I study?
• Overview of common respiratory disorders.
• Epidemiology and aetiology of respiratory disease.
• Interpretation respiratory investigations.
• Therapeutic and non-therapeutic modalities.
• Guidelines for respiratory disease.
• Ethical and legal principles.
• Supportive palliative care and end of life respiratory care.
• Organisation, delivery and evaluation of respiratory services provision.
How will I be assessed?
4,000 word clinical case report.
On successful completion you will:
On completion you will be able to make a more informed contribution to patient care and service provision of chronic respiratory disease in the arena of advanced practice.
Study dates and venues
Venue: Ormskirk Campus, Edge Hill University
Starts: Wednesday 31 January 2024
- Wednesday 31 January 2024, 9am-4pm
- Wednesday 14 February 2024, 9am-4pm
- Wednesday 28 February 2024, 9am-4pm
- Wednesday 20 March 2024, 9am-4pm
- Wednesday 27 March2024, 9am-4pm
- Wednesday 3 April 2024, 9am-4pm
- Wednesday 10 April 2024, 9am-4pm
- Wednesday 17 April 2024 - draft submission date
- Wednesday 8 May 2024 - final submission date
How to apply
Module availability varies from year to year and will be subject to minimum student numbers being achieved. Places will be allocated on a first come first served basis. Due to the popularity of some modules it may be that the module is fully booked when your application is received. We will include your details on a waiting list and allocate you a place on the next available intake.
For details of how to apply, please visit the apply page.
This module can be studied on a standalone basis. It is also an optional module on the following programmes: