Your online interview preparation: BSc (Hons) Contemporary Mental Health Practice
This page has been created to give you all the information you need to prepare for your online interview for BSc (Hons) Contemporary Mental Health Practice. It is essential that you read all of the sections carefully.
- There will be no requirement for you to attend the University at this time – your online interview will be conducted remotely using Microsoft Teams.
- If you haven’t already done so, you will need to download Microsoft Teams to your chosen device. See ‘Things to do before your online interview’ for more information.
- You need to confirm that you will attend your interview via UCAS Track.
- You can view the date and time of your interview on UCAS Track. Please note, you will receive your individual link to join your online interview via email shortly before your interview. Please contact [email protected] if you do not receive your individual joining link.
- You should allow approximately 30 minutes for your online interview.
Things to do before your online interview
It is essential that you have:
- downloaded Microsoft Teams on your chosen device, you should download it and familiarise yourself with it before the day of your online interview.
- read about the programme to develop your understanding and explain your reasons for applying to study this at degree level
- developed a general awareness of the health and social care sector
- considered the amount of studying and commitment required to undertake a degree programme
- read all the information on these preparation pages and made a note of the items you need to have with you and any questions that you want to ask.
Your online interview
- Please click the link to your interview 5 minutes before the scheduled time of your online interview
- If we wish to record your online interview for training and monitoring purposes and we require your consent to do so, your interviewer will ask for your verbal consent at the start of the interview. The recording of your online interview will be stored according to the Edge Hill University GDPR policies.
- Whilst your online interview is taking place, please ensure that you have no one else present in the room with you – this will allow you to focus fully on the interview without distraction.
What to have with you
You will need to have the following to hand on the day:
Please have to hand your original photographic ID (i.e. current valid passport or photo-card driving licence). Your ID will be checked by the Faculty of Health, Social Care and Medicine staff interviewer prior to the start of the process. If you do not have suitable ID on the day, you may not be able to take part in the online interview and will have to reschedule for an alternative date.
If you have any questions about your ID please contact our Admissions Team via email to [email protected] prior to your online interview.
Original certificates (if already achieved)
There are various documents/items that we will want to see if you are successful in your online interview, we will contact you to request these at a later date:
- A Levels or equivalent (e.g. BTEC, Access etc).
- If you have changed your name since the certificates were issued, please provide evidence of your name change (e.g. marriage certificate, change of name deed poll etc).
Please note: Collection of certificate/qualifications will only be requested if you are successful at interview and we will withhold the offer until we have verification of your original certificates.
We look forward to meeting you for your online interview.
If you have any questions or special requirements that you would like to discuss with us prior to your interview you can contact us in the following ways:
- Call 01695 650950
- Email [email protected]
- Live Chat