Performance, recording, mixing, arranging – whatever area of music production interests you, Edge Hill will give you the opportunities to master your skills. With three recording studios and links with established producers and other professionals across the industry, you’ll always have something new to learn. And with our practical assessments, you can focus on what’s most important to you: making great music.
We’re looking for students who live and breathe music. You might be a drummer, guitarist or singer. Or perhaps you put your energy into composing instead. Here at Edge Hill we’ll help you create incredible music, whether you see yourself as a future performer or a technician.
From songwriting to sound design, there are a huge range of career destinations on stage and at the mixing desk in the music industry. Our course lets you explore the areas that interest you, using professional-grade equipment in our studios. Since most of your work will be assessed by coursework, you can focus on building an impressive portfolio to kick-start your career.
You’ll feel part of the industry even as a student and explore real challenges facing professionals. We regularly invite our connections to give guest lectures, while the University has its own record label.
- Collaborate with other students in your songwriting, in the studio or in performance, working across a range of genres.
- We designed assignments to test your skills in practical activities – recording, report writing or creating blogs and videos.
- From Neumann microphones to professional grade instruments made by Rickenbacker, Ludwig, Marshall and more, our three studios are equipped with the same industry-standard gear you’ll find in many professional environments.
|Course Name||Qualification||UCAS Code|
|Music Production||BA (Hons)||M235|
Music Production Latest
- EHU Podcast: Peter Hooton, Andy McCluskey, Chris Amoo, Will Sergeant, and more
- Sound Czech: Jan Titlbach on Life after Edge Hill
- Edge Hill alumna creates an album from her bed
EHU Insight on The Conversation
Contemporary facilities for Music Production students are located in the £7million Arts Centre and £17million Creative Edge.
Our music production and audio post-production studios come equipped with AVID ProTools HDX digital recording systems with C|24 control surfaces, as well as Waves and IK Multimedia and a range of microphones.
A dedicated Mac lab provides access to the latest audio software such as AVID ProTools 11, Apple Logic X, Propellerhead Reason 7, Adobe SoundBooth CE, AVID ProTools 11, Native Instruments Komplete Ultimate, and Sibelius.
There are also recording studios and several dedicated rehearsal and practice rooms where you will have access to electronic keyboards, a range of acoustic and electric guitars, effects modules, practice amps and a selection of grand and upright acoustic pianos.
Arts Centre 360 Virtual Tour
Creative Edge 360 Virtual Tour
Open Days and Virtual Events
Alternatively, our virtual open day pages offer the chance to discover everything that Edge Hill University has to offer and find out more about any subjects of interest, including music production, through a series of online activities.View our virtual open day pages