Become part of the next generation of dedicated doctors who drive forward care. Here we offer some of the best facilities for medicine students in the country – our Clinical Skills and Simulation Centre is your safe space to apply your skills to a range of different challenges.
From the first semester, you’ll start experiencing clinical settings and learn how to work as part of a team of health professionals. Once you’ve graduated, register with the General Medical Council – a globally recognised body. Apply your skills to positions in general practice, psychiatry or acute care.
Care about others? Want to make a difference? Study at our new Medical School to become part of the next generation of doctors who understand the needs of communities and who can drive forward patient-centred care. Here at Edge Hill, we offer some of the best facilities in the country for students in health, social care and medicine.
Our Clinical Skills and Simulation Centre is your safe space to test yourself in scenarios you might face on placement or when qualified. We’ll also teach you how to work as part of a team alongside other health professionals.
You’ll start gaining experiences of health care in a wide range of community and clinical settings from the first year. After the course, you can register with the General Medical Council, which is a globally recognised body. Kickstart your medical career in a variety of settings, including general practice, psychiatry and acute care.
- Learn from a range of health and social care professionals working in practice and research. You’ll also benefit from personal support from your tutors throughout the programme – we’re here for you every step of the way.
- We have strong links within the community and offer early exposure to community health settings. Clinical learning experiences start within your first year of study.
- Become part of a close-knit community where you will develop relationships with your tutors and learn side-by-side in small groups building a supportive learning network.
|Course Name||Qualification||UCAS Code|
|Medicine with Foundation Year||MBChB||A110|
We also offer a Widening Access to Medicine (WAM) programme which supports applications to each of the above programmes.
I’m set on paediatrics at the moment but, in four years’ time, I might decide I want to be a diabetes specialist or something else. I want to keep my options open and take all the opportunities I can.
MBChB Medicine with Foundation Year
I’ve never met a disabled doctor before, but being at Edge Hill has helped me to think that, not only can I do it, but I deserve to be there.
MBChB Medicine with Foundation Year
- Inside Edge: Applying for medicine: the good, the bad and the UCAT
- Inside Edge: The building blocks of a medicine personal statement
- Inside Edge: Making the most of your foundation year in Medicine part 2: social aspects
- Inside Edge: Making the most of your foundation year in Medicine part 1: academic aspects
- Inside Edge: My first year in recap: academics
Medicine in the News
The Faculty of Health, Social Care and Medicine is one of the leading providers of education and training for health and social care professionals in the North West of England.
Offering some of the best facilities for health, social care and medicine students in the country, the outstanding teaching and learning resources include leading edge clinical skills facilities, an 860-seat lecture theatre, and a variety of teaching rooms and social learning spaces.
The clinical skills and simulated learning facilities offer a variety of simulated environments from home, through primary and emergency care, to secondary care and beyond, enabling you to undertake practical scenarios in realistic settings.
Faculty of Health, Social Care and Medicine 360 Virtual Tour
Clinical Skills and Simulation Centre 360 Virtual Tour
Open Days and Virtual Events
Alternatively, our virtual open day pages offer the chance to discover everything that Edge Hill University has to offer and find out more about any subjects of interest, including medicine, through a series of online activities.View our virtual open day pages