Indulge your love for the written or spoken word, exploring major aspects of English language and taking inspiration from classic and contemporary literature, with our choice of English degrees.
You can explore how the English language has developed over time, how it is changing and what it is used for, or immerse yourself in classic literature and popular writing from the past 500 years while also exploring less traditional areas of specialism.
You can study English Language or English Literature as Single Honours degrees, combine the two subjects in a single programme, or study English, English Language or English Literature in combination with a range of other subjects.
- BA (Hons) Creative Writing and English Literature
- BA (Hons) Drama and English Literature
- BA (Hons) Education and English
- BA (Hons) English
- BA (Hons) English and Film Studies
- BA (Hons) English Language
- BA (Hons) English Language with Creative Writing
- BA (Hons) English Literature
- BA (Hons) English Literature and History
- BA (Hons) English Literature with Creative Writing
- BA (Hons) English with Creative Writing
The Department of English, History and Creative Writing is based in the Main Building at the centre of the campus, near the £26m Catalyst building which includes the University library.
A prime example of 1930s architecture, the Main Building has undergone extensive refurbishment to combine a traditional setting with modern facilities, including the £15m Student Hub.
The building includes lecture theatres, seminar and tutorial rooms, which are ideal for group discussions and one-to-one tuition, as well as IT resources and social learning spaces.