Immersing you in the art of writing fiction, non-fiction, poetry, scripts and narrative games, our Creative Writing degrees enable you to find your creative voice, develop a flair for independent expression and construct your own fictional worlds.
You will gain the skills required to be a versatile, engaging and self-reflective writer, as well as an attuned reader and critical thinker.
Taught by a world-class community of writers, Creative Writing can be studied as a Single Honours degree or in combination with English Literature.
This degree has taught me so much and set me on a path which I’d never expected to follow.
BA (Hons) Creative Writing
Creative Writing in the News
- Tabletop games rise in popularity during pandemic
- Creative writer who transformed grief into poetry graduates and starts new life as a father
- NHS staff encouraged to share pandemic experiences through creative writing
- Edge Hill writer wins the 2020 NorthBound Book Prize
- Edge Hill alumna Carys Bray releases new book
- All-female longlist announced for unique short story prize
- Creative Writing student’s audio poem commended in national competition
- Creative Care project launched to provide solace to care home residents
The Department of English, History and Creative Writing is based in the Main Building at the centre of the campus, near the £26m Catalyst building which includes the University library.
A prime example of 1930s architecture, the Main Building has undergone extensive refurbishment to combine a traditional setting with modern facilities, including the £15m Student Hub.
The building includes lecture theatres, seminar and tutorial rooms, which are ideal for group discussions and one-to-one tuition, as well as IT resources and social learning spaces.
Main Building 360 Virtual Tour
Open Days and Virtual Events
Our November 2020 open day is going virtual. We will ensure that you can still discover everything that Edge Hill University has to offer and get answers to all of your questions. You will be able to find out more about creative writing and the University through a series of online activities.
If you would like to see our stunning campus for yourself, private campus tours, led by a student guide, are also available on a variety of dates. Pre-booking is essential.Book your place at our virtual open day