Here at Edge Hill, we are committed to making mental health and wellbeing for all a priority. In celebration of this, we are launching three brand new Wellbeing Workshops.
Whether it’s beating the blues, stressing less or addressing anxiety, there’s a workshop for you
1. Beat the Blues
How to challenge negative thinking, maximise motivation and sleep soundly to boost your mood.
2. Stress Less
Become stress aware and learn helpful strategies to stress less and chill.
3. Addressing Anxiety
Discover how to overcome overthinking, avoid avoidance, and learn to let things go.
How else can you prioritise your Wellbeing and Mental Health?
1. Register for Togetherall
Togetherall is an anonymous online peer support network, which is available 24/7, moderated and facilitated by clinicians. It promotes early intervention and self-management of mental health and wellbeing. Togetherall also offers guided support courses, focused on a range of wellbeing topics. Togetherall is free for all Edge Hill students.
How to sign up:
- Visit Togetherall online.
- Click on ‘join us’ and under ‘organisation’ select universities and colleges.
- Enter your University email address. You will then be asked to create an anonymous username for your account.
2. Make time for self-care
- Life can be busy, and it can sometimes feel like there are too many things to do, but it’s important that we don’t forget to take care of ourselves in the process. Why not start by blocking some time out each week to do something that helps to improve your wellbeing? Visit Every Mind Matters online for self-care ideas.
3. Move more
- Physical activity is not only good for our physical health but for our mental health too. Take a walk on the Trim Trails on campus or take a look at what’s on offer from Edge Hill Sport. Check out more ideas from Better Health online.
4. Reach out for support if you need it
- The Wellbeing Team – here to support you with all of your health and wellbeing needs throughout your time at Edge Hill. If you would like to book an appointment visit our webpages, go to the Catalyst Helpdesk or email [email protected].
- Let Us Know – it’s important to not only take care of ourselves, but other people. If you have any concerns about another student, you can use our anonymous reporting form to Let Us Know.
- Your GP – available to help you if you feel you need support with your mental health. Are you a new Edge Hill student? Register with Edge Hill’s local GP or find a GP near you.