Edge Hill has access to a bulk email platform called Campaign Monitor (accessed via https://edgehill.createsend.com) which can be used by departments wishing to mass email. It has a number of advantages over regular emails:
- enable highly targeted campaigns that are more timely and relevant to individuals and therefore more effective
- make it easy for you to evaluate their effectiveness and therefore inform the development of future campaigns
- are more professional in their look and feel, compared with plain text emails and attachments
- they can include pictures and links
- are cheap to design and send, unlike printed and posted communications
- are environmentally friendly
There is a cost for sending emails via Campaign Monitor, email credits must be purchased. A single campaign costs 500 credits sending fee, plus 1 credit per recipient. Cost (June 2023) .78p per credit.
|500 credits||£3.90||per campaign|
|1 credit||0.78p||per recipient|
So to send to 1000 recipients would cost £3.90 + (0.0078 x 1000) = £11.70
Payment must be made directly to Campaign Monitor. They accept credit cards and it is possible to purchase a block of credits to be used to pay for future campaigns.