The University Scholarship celebrates students who help to raise the profile of Edge Hill in a positive way through their exceptional contribution to the University.
The award also recognises students who contribute to equal opportunities and diversity, rewarding notable contributions to equality in support of race, disability, gender, sexuality, religion, anti-poverty, anti-ageism or any form of anti-discrimination.
The University Scholarship is worth £2,000.
Any student who is currently enrolled on a full-time programme at Edge Hill is eligible to be considered for this award in academic year 2020/21 (excluding permanent employees of the University, repeat year students and Erasmus students).Nominate someone for a University Scholarship
A significant contribution to the University might be shown through:
- Peer mentoring;
- Acting as a course or committee representative;
- Being a Student Ambassador;
- Volunteering or fundraising in the community;
- Leading a sports team, an event or special project.
A significant contribution to equal opportunities and diversity might be shown through:
- Research into understanding human rights and equality;
- An educational campaign or classroom project aimed at highlighting equality and anti-discrimination issues;
- Helping to improve understanding and access to health care and services;
- Never letting particular personal circumstances affect your ability to achieve;
- Inspiring and leading others.
Please note, the above examples of potential contributions to equal opportunities, diversity and the University are not intended to be comprehensive.
Discover more about the achievements and endeavours of recent University scholars with our case studies of a selection of previous winners.
To be considered for a University Scholarship, you will need to be nominated by an Edge Hill University student or a member of staff.
We encourage you to speak to your peers or your tutor to discuss your individual situation and your desire to be nominated.
To nominate someone for a University Scholarship, you need to complete and submit our University Scholarship Nomination Form. This is a shared nomination form for both the University Scholarship and Adam Bell Scholarship.
The closing date for nominations is Monday 31 May 2021 at 5pm.Download the University Scholarship nomination form
A selection panel will judge all nominations received.
If you have any queries about the University Scholarship, you can get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist you.