Edge Hill has a gorgeous campus in a lovely town. The catalyst was one of the things I first fell in love with as a prospective student and being here almost a year, it’s still my best part of the campus.
- I’ve always been interested in communications, it’s what my undergraduate course was in and I wanted to further that with a master’s degree.I was on the lookout for Universities that would not only offer me a good understanding of the course but one that would provide a great learning and social experience. Edge Hill felt like that choice. From reading about my course, how it would be taught to interacting with its current students through blog posts and online chat and even watching content by the students on YouTube. Every picture, every video, and every sentence I interacted with regarding Edge Hill University made me fall more in love with it. Having the course I wanted and offering modules I was interested in seemed like icing on the cake. Between you and me, I would have been amiable to a course change if it meant I got to come here. And boy, am I glad I did. Fortunately for me, I found the exact course I wanted to study at Edge Hill which is MA Marketing Communications and Branding and so I was already very excited for the year.
- Upon starting, the classes became my favourite part and what I’ll miss most. From the very knowledgeable and helpful tutors to my very interesting course mates to the modules themselves, they all made classes incredibly fun. The fact that my classes were in the evening and for three hours is enough to turn anyone off and I’ll admit at the beginning I wasn’t really expecting much. However, they became my very best thing, and I was looking forward to them every week.
- Edge Hill has a gorgeous campus in a lovely town. The catalyst was one of the things I first fell in love with as a prospective student and being here almost a year, it’s still my best part of the campus. I love the building architecture and the fact that there are so many resources available there. From careers, to well-being and the general help desk. Not to mention the very vast and current library and top-of-the-line online learning resources. On top of that, it’s got my very best thing, coffee.
- My experience at EHU has so far been a very positive one. I, like every other international student, was quite homesick at the start, still am a little to be fair but Edge Hill has been such a wonderful experience that it has faded to the back of my mind. The University and the community it have provided has been a great learning and growing experience for me. I got to partake in social activities like the global cafe where I met several international students and won cute fun prizes like the Edge Hill teddy bear. I was also part of the student advisory panel where I got to share my experience as a Black student and help the university better serve students like me. There were also trips, one of my favourite being to the Lake District which was absolutely gorgeous. All these and more were provided to me by Edge Hill and I am immensely grateful for that. And most importantly, I made such amazing lifelong friends here.
- To prospective students, I would say, come here with an open mind, that’s the best thing you can do for yourself. Anything you’ve been told about the university or the environment it’s in, good and bad, absorb it and note it down but do not let it stop you from experiencing things by yourself. You’ll be surprised by how many experiences you hear from people are formed by their own preconceived notions and how your experience could be so much more different. And even better. So, have a very open mind.