EHU has been actively engaged with the Erasmus/ Erasmus+ programme for many years. Over the years we have continued to develop and new and existing partnerships in many different countries. We currently partner with over 50 universities across Europe in many different subject areas. We welcome all incoming exchange students to our award winning university and campus. Below you will find all the essential information you need to study with us.
- How to apply
- Course information
- Student life at EHU
- Contact us
If you think you would like to participate in an Erasmus+ exchange programme at Edge Hill University you should discuss the possibility with the Erasmus+ Departmental and/or Institutional Coordinator at your home institution. A bi-lateral agreement must be in place for any Erasmus+ exchanges
Your home Erasmus+ coordinator will be able to offer you assistance in regards to what courses are available for you to study here at Edge Hill. You will need to ensure that you would feel confident studying in English and that you will also be able to cope financially during your time on Exchange.
|Arrivals||13th & 14th September 2018|
|International Orientation||17th – 23rd September 2018|
|Teaching Period||24th Sept 2018 To 14th Dec 2018
|Assessment period||7th Jan 2019 - 18th Jan 2019|
(dependent upon assessment)
|15th & 16th December 2018
|Arrivals||19th Jan 2019|
|International Orientation||19th Jan 2019 To 20th Jan 2019
|Teaching Period||21st Jan 2019 To 3rd May 2019
|Assessment period||6th May 2019 To 17th May 2019
|Last day of programme||17th May 2019|
Please note accommodation contracts will run until longer than the end date.
To study at Edge Hill you must:
- Be studying at a university that has an Erasmus partnership with Edge Hill University
- Have passed all classes at your home university in the subject you want to study at Edge Hill
What are the English Language Requirements?
- All classes are taught entirely in English and you need to speak and write English fluently to study at Edge Hill.
English Language Qualifications
It may be necessary for you to provide evidence of your ability to study in English. This may take the form of a Test of English Language ability such as IELTS or be assessed through the Department you wish to study in.
Where will I live?
- If you are arriving in September and staying for the full year you can apply for university accommodation.
- If you are arriving in September and staying for Semester 1 only on campus accommodation is not guaranteed – you may need to look for private accommodation.
- Students arriving later in the year (e.g. for Semester 2) can apply for University accommodation. If there are no suitable rooms left, you will need to find private accommodation.
- Accommodation will be arranged via the Accommodation Team at Edge Hill University. Successful applicants will be contacted about accommodation.
- Accommodation on and off campus for 1 semester students can be difficult to obtain
For more information on the various types of accommodation see here.
How to Apply
- applications for accommodation will be available once accepted
- Information about accommodation will be emailed to all successful Erasmus+ applicants
How to apply
For all incoming Erasmus+ exchange students the main point of contact is the International Office. Here in the international Office we have many years of experience working with incoming exchange and International students. If you have any further questions you can email email@example.com
If you are interested in becoming an ERASMUS+ student at Edge Hill University then you will need to do the following:
- We must receive a nomination from your home institution by email. This should recommend you for study at Edge Hill University.
- Nominations to study at Edge Hill should be sent via the International Office at the partner university to Dan Monaghan: firstname.lastname@example.org or directly to email@example.com
Once nominated all students will receive an email from Edge Hill explaining the next steps, which are:
- Complete the Online Edge Hill Application form.
NB – please do not apply until you have been nominated.
Guidance notes – erasmus application guidance notes 2018-2019
After completion of the online application the following must be submitted:
- A copy of a transcript of the students previous studies in higher education
- an academic reference Erasmus+ 2018-19 Academic reference
- A copy of the applicants Bio-metric passport page or EU ID card
All documents must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Once applications and documents have been fully received they will then be considered by departments and a decision made. Students will hear directly from us about the decision.
Deadlines for completed applications:
Full Academic Year or Semester 1 (Fall) = 8th June 2018
Semester 2 (Spring) = 9th November 2018.
All Erasmus+ students must choose from the Erasmus+ catalogue. Please do not choose via the main EHU course catalogue as some courses may not be available.
View the Erasmus+ catalogue 2018-19 here (Updated 14.12.18)
These courses are subject to change and updates – more course may follow.
Prior to your arrival you will complete your Learner Agreement with your home institution and with your respective department here at Edge Hill University. Once complete and signed this must be sent to Edge Hill International office prior to your arrival for consideration and approval.
You will be able to choose from a wide range of modules within your subject area, students are asked to keep to their individual subjects areas. (Please note there may be some restrictions to choices and pre-requisites)
Student life at EHU
To find out more about life at Edge Hill University please click here.
Upon first arrival at Edge Hill you will be invited to take part in Orientation activities organised by the International Office. This will introduce you to the Campus, the town of Ormskirk as well as providing you with opportunities to go on trips to other places of interest nearby.
More information can be found here.
If you would like further information please contact:
Study Abroad & Exchange Co-ordinator
+44 (0)1695 657689