Requesting Access to the Virtual Learning Environment for External Partners
How to request access to the Virtual Learning Environment (VLE).
If you are a member of an approved Edge Hill University academic partner and you require access to the Virtual Learning Environment (VLE), you can request this using the following steps.
1. Click on the appropriate link for the access package you require:
- VLE for External Examiners
- VLE for Faculty of Health, Social Care and Medicine External Members
- VLE for Faculty of Education External Members
- VLE for Faculty of Arts and Sciences External Members
- VLE for Library External Members
2. Sign In using your organisation network account/ work email address. e.g., this will be a non edgehill.ac.uk address.
If your external work account is using a Microsoft Work/School account/or is a personal Microsoft account, e.g., a personal Outlook.com/Hotmail.com etc. you will be asked to provide your password.
If your external account is using a non Microsoft account e.g. gmail.com, yahoo.com or any other email provider, you will be sent an Account verification code to your external email account. You will be asked to enter code each time you login e.g.
3. On the Access Packages page
Select ‘Request’ next to the relevant Access Package for your faculty/role. e.g., VLE for External Examiners, VLE for Faculty of Education External Members, VLE for Library External Members etc.
4. Enter the required information in the fields shown in the image below:
5. Select the ‘Request Access’ button at the bottom.
Your request for access will be sent to the relevant faculty administrator(s) for approval.
Once your request for access is approved you will be sent an email as confirmation.
You can now log into the VLE via the service gateway page on the Edge Hill University website:
On First Access to the VLE will require set up of Multifactor Authentication (MFA).
If your external account already uses MFA you will be prompted to approve a sign in request when accessing the VLE.
If your external account does not already have MFA setup you will be prompted to set this up. You will need to download and install the Microsoft Authenticator app from your mobile app store to complete stage.
You can refer to the following guide for help:
Please follow the steps under Part One – Setting up MFA – On your mobile phone.