The Students’ Union Code of Practice sets out the status of the Union within the University and its modus operandi. The Code is approved by the Board of Governors and it is a requirement that all students are made aware of its existence.
- Section 4 of the Students Union Code of Practice following confirms students’ automatic registration with the SU unless students choose to opt out. Students who wish to opt-out of membership of the Students Union should write to the University Academic Registrar and the President of the Students’ Union informing them of their decision to opt-out of membership. The consequences for students who opt-out of membership of the Union are that they shall not be permitted to:
- Vote in Union elections, ballots or referenda;
- Stand for office in any Union elections, ballots or referenda;
- Attend or speak at any Union meetings;
- Hold office in any Union club or society.