Effective research data management is central to good research practice. It helps to maximise the benefits of your research and enables its use by others.
Explore the resources below for more information about research data management.Research Data Management Policy & Guidance Research Data wiki (staff only)
Guidance and resources
Data management plan
A data management plan (DMP) is required for all research projects. You should produce this at the start of the project and keep it under review throughout the project.
DMPonline has useful templates and guidance. Sign in with your University credentials to access Edge Hill guidance and obtain feedback on your plan. We will provide an Edge Hill DMP template and guidance in due course.
- UK Data Service (UKDS)
- UK Reproducibility Network (UKRN) primer on sharing data
- Digital Curation Centre (DCC)
- DCC guidance on funders’ data policies
- Sherpa Services (publishers’ and funders’ Open Access and data policies)
- UKRI guidance on making your data open
- FAIR (Findable, Accessible, Interoperable and Reusable) Principles for sharing data
Contact Esther Byrom, Research Data Manager, about:
- data management
- your data management plan
- depositing your data in our institutional Figshare repository
We provide regular training and drop-in sessions under the Researcher Development Programme. We are happy to come and talk to your faculty, department or research group or to meet with you one-to-one.