About The RIMES Project
In 2022, Edge Hill University Graduate School funded 10 Research Internships for Minority Ethnic Students.
Minority ethnic groups are under-represented in research degrees nationally and the purpose of the RIMES project was to give students an opportunity to engage with a range of research environments.
A documentary team of Edge Hill students captured the intern’s interpretation of the scheme. Within these pages, find an overview of each intern and their project.
All projects were linked to the UN’s sustainable development goals, which provide a blueprint to achieve a better and more sustainable future for all. In order to achieve this, SustainNET supported the project from inception to completion.
The Graduate School
The Graduate School is the home for a range of postgraduate research degrees and provides strategic leadership for the University’s postgraduate research activities. To this end, the Graduate School’s primary objective is to provide a supportive environment for all postgraduate researchers, whatever their mode of study and wherever they are located, with a view to widening and enriching their experience during their research studies.
The Graduate School is also responsible for maintaining the quality of research degree programmes and the development of training in core research and transferable skills, thus enabling all PGRs to realise their full potential, whichever pathway they choose.
SustainNET was established in February 2020 as a network community of individuals at Edge Hill University who are passionate about sustainability. Formed with the support of the Institute for Social Responsibility (ISR), it seeks to advance the sustainability agenda both on campus and in our region on four interconnected fronts, namely research, education, student engagement and local community partnership.
Its main aims are to:
- Promote and advance the University’s work on sustainability studies and sustainability agenda generally, within the framework of the United Nations 17 Sustainability Development Goals.
- Develop and nurture inter-disciplinary collaboration on sustainability research and other forms of academic-related work at EHU.
- Integrate sustainability into curriculum programmes, including continuous professional learning and in-service learning.
- Establish Edge Hill University as a leading centre for sustainability studies both nationally and internationally in the longer-term.
- Build ever stronger partnerships with local and other external stakeholders to achieve the above aims, and help improve the sustainability of the local region.
Meet the students
The documentary team
Mentor: Perelandra Beedles