The SME Productivity & Innovation Centre is part-funded by the European Regional Development Fund to provide innovation support and advisory services to Lancashire and Liverpool City Region based small or medium-sized enterprises.
Supporting profitable growth through innovation
Over 190 SMEs have accessed our fully-funded support to address their growth and scale-up challenges and opportunities and to develop financially feasible solutions. The focus of the centre is product and service innovation, underpinned by stripping out inefficiencies in your business model and new business development processes.
On average, SMEs who complete the Productivity & Innovation Centre programme and stick to their growth action plan achieve between 22 – 40% growth.
Read the case studies to find out why, and get in touch to be part of the region’s stand-out business scale-up programme.
Meet the team
Our business development team have a depth of sector specific experience and will consider your individual business needs to ensure you receive the best support and opportunities to meet your needs.Meet our experts
Innovation Sprint Programme
Even the most successful SMEs experience challenges concerning changing customer needs, inefficient processes, growth sales targets, strong competitors, unfocused messaging, complicated routes to market, inefficient use of resources, and disruptive changes in technology.
We offer a fully-funded Innovation Sprint Programme with academic and business support to help you address your challenges and maximise your business opportunities.
The programme described by one business as “Lancashire’s best-kept secret” is making a real difference to the economic development of the region’s most ambitious SMEs from a wide range of sectors.
- 50 hours of scale-up strategy development, working on your business.
- 6 intensive online workshops delivered over 4 weeks.
- 1-2-1 facilitation by academics and our business experts.
- Market research and rich data collection to aid decision-making.
- World-class rapid innovation tools and frameworks.
- Your key decision makers must participate (1-4 people).
- Delivered through leading online collaboration software.
- Follow on opportunities to collaborate with the University, students, and our SME network.
Fully-funded places on the Innovation Sprint Programme are limited. To be eligible to secure one of our fully-funded places, your business must:
- Be a small and medium enterprise (SME, as defined by the European Commission).
- Be registered or have its principal trading address in Lancashire or Liverpool City Region.
One of our Business Development Coordinators will confirm suitability during an initial meeting. This programme is for SMEs looking to develop and implement a scale-up strategy. That encompasses businesses of all different financial sizes, but all our SMEs share similar levels of ambition to stimulate growth, improve profitability, and create new highly skilled employment opportunities.
Get in touch
Contact us by phone or complete the form to find out how we can help you find a valuable work placement.