The Edge Hill University Applicant Travel Fund has been created to support applicants in making an informed decision about where they want to study.
The Applicant Travel Fund is available to applicants who have applied for a Full Time Undergraduate programme through UCAS and are in receipt of an invitation to interview or audition as part of the selection process.
This does not include applicants wishing to attend an Applicant Visit Day.
In order to qualify for the Applicant Travel Fund you must:
- Live more than 20 miles away from the interview location. The distance will be calculated by a straight line distance (as the crow flies) from the home address as declared on your UCAS application to the interview location. Calculate your distance. The postcode for the Ormskirk campus is L39 4QP and the Manchester campus is M1 6EG.
- Live in a POLAR3 Quintile 1 or 2 area. You can determine this by clicking here and search using your home postcode. The POLAR (Participation of Local Areas) classification groups together areas across the UK based on the proportion of young people who typically participate in Higher Education. See further information.
- Be a UK or EU National currently residing in the UK.
- Attend your interview/audition.
- Submit a claim form (see your original interview invitation email for further details) within four weeks of the date of your interview/audition. If you no longer have access to your invitation email, please email [email protected] to request for it to be resent.
The value of the fund will be based on the straight line distance from your home address to the interview location, and will be calculated at the following rates:
|Distance from the Interview Location||Travel fund|
|Less than 20 miles||£0|
Applicants who meet all of the above criteria should receive a cheque posted to the address declared on your UCAS application within eight weeks following the interview.
Applicants who are invited to attend more than one interview or audition are eligible to apply to the fund for each interview they attend.
We reserve the right to make discretionary payments for those that do not meet the full eligibility criteria.
Get in touch
Got a question?
If you want to ask something about the applicant travel fund, please contact our Admissions team.