Your application is complete, and you’ve got yourself an offer of a place to study at Edge Hill. Congratulations! So, what’s next before you start university?
Visit an offer holder day
An offer holder day is your chance to explore the campus and course. Learn more about your chosen degree and speak to those who know Edge Hill University best.
What are the benefits of visiting an offer holder day?
Find out about your course
Now that you know what course you’d like to study, it’s time to find out about your module options and meet your tutors and other applicants. During your visit you can learn more about:
- Contact hours
- Module options
- Group projects and field trips
- Work placements
- Study abroad opportunities
Speak to our students
There will be lots of opportunity to speak to existing students on your course. And who better to calm those pre-university nerves than the people who were in your place last year?
- Find out what life is really like for an Edge Hill student
- Learn about the free Edge Hill link bus
- Discover your shopping options
- Get to grips with laundry
- Get to know your takeaway options
Discover our campus
Fall in love with campus life. Soak up the atmosphere and visit the facilities that will be instrumental in your future studies. When you’re here you can:
- Take a campus tour
- View your accommodation
- Visit the gym and find out about student membership offers
- Discover what’s on at The Arts Centre and your free membership pass
- Meet the Student Support Team and find out what support’s available to you
Is an offer holder day different from an open day?
We exclusively tailor each offer holder day to applicants who’ve received an offer to study with us. Therefore, offer holder days are more specific than open days.
What to expect on the day
Subject taster sessions
The main difference from an open day is that during an offer holder day you get the chance to attend a subject taster session. In a friendly and relaxed environment, you will experience a university lecture led by one of your future tutors. During these sessions you will be surrounded by your classmates and given your first taste of what studying at university is like.
Explore the campus and surrounding areas
Want to know more about campus life? Our student guides will show you your new home away from home, letting you in on their top campus tips from perfect study spots to the all-important places to chill out after lectures.
Or take a trip into the pretty market town of Ormskirk. Find your future favourite coffee shop or where to buy your daily essentials.
Meet the staff
At the end of every subject taster session, you’ll have the chance to join our informal Q&A. Ask subject-specific questions and gain the knowledge you need to take a confident step towards starting your course in September.
Make the most of an offer holder day
An offer holder day at Edge Hill is your chance to ask tutors and existing students a wide range of questions. It’s your time to find out what you need to know to feel confident and prepared on your first day. Here are some of the most popular questions asked.
- What is Ormskirk like?
- What can I do at the weekends?
- How do I find a part time job?
- Where do I go for support if I’m feeling overwhelmed?
Course related questions
- What modules are available on my course?
- Are there placement or study abroad opportunities?
- What facilities will I have access to?
- Can I take a language module or free language evening classes?
- Can I choose my own accommodation?
- How big are the rooms?
- Is a place in halls guaranteed?
- What are the closest halls to where I study?