This page has been created to give you all the information you need to prepare for your online interview for BA (Hons) Counselling and Psychotherapy. It is essential that you read all of the sections carefully.
- There will be no requirement for you to attend the University at this time – your online interview will be conducted remotely using Zoom.
- You should now be able to view the date and time of your interview along with your Zoom link, Meeting ID and Password on UCAS Track. If you do not think you have this information, please contact [email protected]
- You need to confirm that you will attend your interview via UCAS Track.
- You should allow approximately 1 hour for your online interview.
In preparation for your interview you should:
- Take some time to familiarise yourself with your reflexive statement.
- Refresh your memory with the details we have provided on our website about the course.
- Read over your application form as we will use this as the basis for the interview, particularly your personal statement.
- Please click the link to your interview 5 minutes before the scheduled time of your online interview
- We appreciate that interviews can feel a bit nerve wracking but it is important that you remember that your application has impressed us and that you are through to the next stage and that we are very interested to meet you and to hear your views. Here are a couple of handy hints:
- We want you to get the most out of the interview so do feel free to think about any questions you may have for us.
- If at any point prior to the interview you would like any further information please email the Programme Leader, Graham Westwell on [email protected]
- Whilst your online interview is taking place, please try to ensure that you have no one else present in the room with you – this will allow you to focus fully on the interview without distraction.
You will need to have the following to hand on the day:
Please have to hand your original photographic ID (i.e. current valid passport or photo-card driving licence). Your ID will be checked by the Faculty of Health, Social Care and Medicine staff interviewer prior to the start of the process. If you do not have suitable ID on the day, you may not be able to take part in the online interview and will have to reschedule for an alternative date.
If you have any questions about your ID please contact our Admissions Team via email to [email protected] prior to your online interview.
Original certificates (if already achieved)
There are various documents/items that we will want to see if you are successful in your online interview. We will only request these once you have been made an offer and made us your Firm Choice:
- Your GCSE certificates or Level 2 equivalent qualifications
- A Levels or equivalent (e.g. BTEC, Access etc)
- If you have changed your name since the certificates were issued, please provide evidence of your name change (e.g. marriage certificate, change of name deed poll etc)
Please note: Collection of certificate/qualifications will only be requested if you are successful at your online interview and we will withhold the offer until we have verification of your original certificates.
We look forward to meeting you for your online interview.
If you have any questions or special requirements that you would like to discuss with us prior to your interview you can contact us in the following ways: