This page gives you all the essential preparation information you need for your online interview for BA (Hons) Counselling and Psychotherapy. It is essential that you read all of the sections carefully.
- There will be no requirement for you to attend the University at this time – your online interview will be conducted remotely using Zoom.
- You should now be able to view the date and time of your interview along with your Zoom link, Meeting ID and Password on UCAS Hub. If you do not think you have this information, please contact [email protected]
- You need to confirm that you will attend your interview via UCAS Hub.
- You should allow approximately 1 hour for your online interview.
In preparation for your interview, you should:
- Take some time to familiarise yourself with your reflexive statement.
- Refresh your memory with the details we have provided on our website about the course.
- Read over your application form as we will use this as the basis for the interview, particularly your reflexive statement.
- Do some research on the Person – Centred Experiential model of therapy so that you can discuss this in more detail during the interview.
- Please click the link to your interview 5 minutes before the scheduled time of your online interview
- In the event that we will be recording your online interview for training and monitoring purposes, and we require your consent to do so – your interviewer will ask for your verbal consent at the start of the interview. The recording of your online interview will be stored according to the Edge Hill University GDPR policies.
- We appreciate that interviews can feel a bit nerve wracking, but it is important that you remember that your application has impressed us and that you are through to the next stage and that we are very interested to meet you and to hear your views. Here are a couple of handy hints:
- We want you to get the most out of the interview so do feel free to think about any questions you may have for us.
- If at any point prior to the interview you would like any further information please email the Programme Leader, Graham Westwell on [email protected]
- Whilst your online interview is taking place, please make sure that you have no one else present in the room with you – this will allow you to focus fully on the interview without distraction.
- Be yourself! We really want to hear about your reasons for wating to study the BA Hons Counselling and Psychotherapy programme at Edge Hill University.
You will need to have the following to hand on the day:
Please have to hand your original photographic ID (i.e. current valid passport or photo-card driving licence). Your ID will be checked by the Faculty of Health, Social Care and Medicine staff interviewer prior to the start of the process. If you do not have suitable ID on the day, you may not be able to take part in the online interview and will have to reschedule for an alternative date.
If you have any questions about your ID please contact our Admissions Team via email to [email protected] prior to your online interview.
Additional supporting evidence
If you have any additional supporting evidence (i.e. additional references, evidence of work experience, etc) that you would like to show, please email this to the Admissions Team prior to the online interview day: [email protected]