Your online interview preparation: Fastrack programme
This page gives you all the information you need to prepare for your online interview. It is essential that you read all of the sections carefully.
Important information about your online interview
- There will be no requirement for you to attend the University at this time – your online interview will be conducted remotely using Blackboard Collaborate
- You should now have received an email from our Admissions Team with the date and time of your interview along with your individual Blackboard Collaborate link. If you do not think you have received this, please contact the Fastrack Programme Team via email: [email protected]
- You need to confirm that you will attend your interview using the interview reply form
- You should allow approximately 45 minutes for your online interview.
How to use Blackboard Collaborate
- You can join your online interview on any device – PC, tablet or smartphone, and we would advise using Chrome or Firefox as your browser.
- If you would prefer to access the session in the Blackboard App please download the app called Blackboard Collaborate TM Mobile, which, using Google Chrome as your browser, you can find in your normal app store.
- Your online interview link can be accessed 10 minutes before the start of your interview.
Please follow the steps below:
- Open the link in your browser.
- You will then be able to see the session you are joining and there is a place for you to type your name. Please ensure you type your full name and UCAS ID Number and select ‘Join Session’.
- Each session will be hosted by a member of Edge Hill University staff, they may not be in the online room when you join, however please stay online.
- Please join with your camera and microphone switched on.
Things to do before your online interview
It is essential that you:
- Have your individual Blackboard Collaborate link. If you cannot find your link, please contact the Fastrack Programme Team via email: [email protected]
- Dress appropriately. You are not expected to be in formal wear, however you should present yourself in a professional manner
- Have read all the information on this preparation page and made a note of the items you need to have with you and any questions that you want to ask during your online interview.
- Have thought about, and can explain:
- why you want to study your chosen subject area
- your reasons for applying for this programme
- your own skills and attributes and how these might support you on this programme.
Your online interview
You will have an individual interview with either a member of the Edge Hill University Fastrack Team or a subject tutor. Please click the link to your interview 10 minutes before the scheduled time of your online interview.
What to have with you
You will need to have the following to hand on the day:
Please have to hand your original photographic ID (i.e. current valid passport or photo-card driving licence). Your ID will be checked by the Faculty of Health, Social Care and Medicine staff interviewer prior to the start of the process. If you do not have suitable ID on the day, you may not be able to take part in the online interview and will have to reschedule for an alternative date.
If you have any questions about your ID please contact the Fastrack Programme Team via email: [email protected]
What we are looking for
Throughout the interview process we will be looking for you to demonstrate:
- a commitment to and enthusiasm for your chosen subject area
- strong communication skills
- the personal attributes and values required to study this subject area
- the ability to reflect on experiences and the learning taken from these.
We look forward to meeting you for your online interview.
If you have any questions or special requirements that you would like to discuss with us prior to your interview you can contact us in the following ways: