FdA Early Years Education and Leadership course preparation
To help you feel prepared for your university studies, we’ve gathered together a range of course related activities including suggested reading and some great things to do right now.
- Palaiologou, I. (ed.) (2021) The early years foundation stage : theory and practice. Fourth edn. Los Angeles: SAGE.
- MACBLAIN, S. (2022) Learning theories for early years practice. SAGE PUBLICATIONS.
- BRUCE, T. (2015) Early Childhood Education 5th Edition. London: Sage.
- DEPARTMENT FOR EDUCATION (2021) Statutory framework for the early years foundation stage. Setting the standards for learning, development and care for children from birth to five.
- DEPARTMENT FOR EDUCATION (2021) Development Matters in the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS).
- EARLY YEARS COALITION (2021) Birth to Five Matters.
- GILLETT-SWAN, J. and COPPOCK, V., 2016. Children’s Rights, Educational Research and the UNCRC: Past, Present and Future. 1st ed. Oxford: Symposium Books.
- HENRY-ALLAIN, L. & LLOYD-ROSE, M. (2021) The tiney guide to becoming an inclusive, anti-racist early educator.
- CLARK, A. & MOSS, P. 2017. Listening to Young Children: A Guide to Understanding and Using the Mosaic Approach. London: Jessica Kingsley Publishers
- Start date – Wednesday 21th September 2022(1pm – 6pm if studying at our Ormskirk campus, 4pm – 9pm if studying at Holy Cross)
- Christmas Break – w/c 19th and w/c 26th December 2022
- Easter Break – w/c 3rd and w/c 10th April 2023