We are excited to be able to invite you back onto campus to take part in our Subject Taster Days. Our Subject Taster Days will give students the opportunity to:
- Attend introduction and taster sessions in their chosen subject.
- Explore how school and university subjects relate to different career paths.
- Find out about the facilities, accommodation and campus Edge Hill University has to offer.
- Receive general Higher Education information.
- Speak to current students and staff.
- Ask any questions they may have.
The clear link with careers means our Subject Taster Days can make a useful contribution to a school or college’s Gatsby Benchmarks. These events provide opportunities for deeper engagement with the subject, enhancing A Level or BTEC study and enabling students to make an informed choice about Higher Education.
Before we return to campus, we will be hosting a Virtual Medicine Q&A on Thursday 16th September. If you would like to request access to this session or any of our other subject resources, please click here or on any of the subjects below.
- Business and Management, Marketing and Accountancy
- Computer Science and Computer Engineering
- Dance, Drama and Musical Theatre
- English, History and Creative Writing
- Education and Teaching
- Geography and Geology
- Health – Applied Health and Social Care
- Health – Nursing, Midwifery and Allied Health Professions
- Media, Film and TV
- Music Production
- Law, Criminology, Policing and Politics
- Social Sciences
- Sport and Physical Activity
If you would like to book a group onto any of our on-campus Subject Taster Days then please click here or on any of the subjects below.
|Business||Wednesday 3rd November 2021||Book Here|
|Social Sciences||Wednesday 3rd November 2021||Book Here|
|Sport and Physical Activity||Wednesday 3rd November 2021||Book Here|
|Law, Criminology and Policing||Wednesday 10th November 2021||Book Here|
|English, History and Creative Writing||Wednesday 10th November 2021||Book Here|
|Media, Film, TV and Music Production||Wednesday 10th November 2021||Book Here|
|Dance, Drama and Musical Theatre||Wednesday 10th November 2021||Book Here|
|Biosciences||Wednesday 17th November 2021||Book Here|
|Geography and Geology||Wednesday 24th November 2021||Book Here|
|Computer Science and Engineering||Wednesday 24th November 2021||Book Here|
|Psychology||Wednesday 24th November 2021||Book Here|
|Health, Social Care and Medicine||Date TBC||Book Here|
|Education||Wednesday 1st December 2021||Book Here|
If you have any questions or would like to book an individual place on any of our on-campus taster days then please email email@example.com.
Hear what Students had to say about our Subject Taster Days:
“Edge Hill has friendly staff, and I learnt new Business skills” – Student on Business Taster Day
“There are many degrees related to Geography that I can study, that I didn’t even know about!” – Student on Geography and Geology Taster Day
Hear what Teachers had to say about our Subject Taster Days:
“The students enjoyed the day, they got an insight into the university and they really liked the student ambassador who was really helpful and informative about the campus and everything course related” – Runshaw College
“Very well organised, interesting lectures and great insight into studying at Edge Hill for the students” – Burnley College