Senior Lecturer in Business, Marketing & Management
Teaching for over 20 years. Researcher in Transformative Service and Sustainability. Nick’s work is dedicated to facilitating and improving health and wellbeing via effective business, marketing and management knowledge and understanding. Nick’s work innovates on skills development, and practice for sustainable and responsible transformative place and service making, marketing, management and development.
Although Nick has a background in horticulture and amenity landscaping, ecosystem management, environmental studies, and education, Nick has worked across a number of contrasting sectors and businesses.
Nick has taught and assessed on RQF introductory to level 7 leadership and management curriculae across public, private and voluntary sectors.
Leadership & Management at a glance
- Interim Programme Leader for Business & Management (9 Undergraduate Degree Programmes & delivery team 2020-2022).
- Leads & manages the BSc (Hons) Business & Management (Leisure & Tourism pathway) RQF 4-6 for Edge Hill University Business School (2011-present day).
- Wrote & developed a DipHE Tourism Management RQF 4-5 for Edge Hill University & Chengdu University of Technology (2011). Ongoing consultation (2011-present day).
- Programme Leader for FdA Leisure & Tourism Management RQF 4-5 (2006-11). Co-authored, developed, led & managed the programme, modules, related teaching team, & portfolio of Work Based Learning Providers from across the North West of England, UK.
- Developer, lead assessor & internal verifier of ILM City & Guilds VRQs & NVQs in Leadership & Management RQF 2-7 (2009-11). Managed a portfolio of clients, trainers, & assessors (2008-11).
- Led, managed & taught A-Level & BTEC curriculae RQF 1-3. Led & wrote the Leisure & Tourism gateway document for the New 14-19 Diplomas amongst other curriculum development & management. Led & managed a range of vocational education/training related EU funded projects (2001-06).
- MCMI – Member of the Chartered Management Institute, the UK-based professional institution for managers.
- FIPM – Fellow of the Institute of Place Management, the international professional body that supports people committed to developing, managing and making places better.
- FHEA – Fellowship of the Higher Education Academy, professional membership promoting excellence in Higher Education.
- MAM – Member of the Academy of Marketing, a learned society of marketing researchers, educators and professionals.
- Transformative Service
- Service & Place Making, Marketing, Management & Development
- Novel contexts of botanic gardens, greenspace, garden centres, litterscapes, volunteering, wild/open swimming, inclusive transport infrastructure, charity shops/opportunity shops, charity retail, dark digital place, transformative hospitality service, soup kitchens, care giving, NHS, homelessness and houselessness, hunger, poverty, creative enterprise, visitor economy, experiential economy, the list is not exhaustive.
- Tourism Marketing & Management
- Visiting Places, Accessible Tourism, Garden Tourism, Heritage Tourism, Dark Tourism
As a member of Academy of Marketing Special Interest Groups Nick keeps up to date with cutting edge marketing research (Arts, Heritage, Non-Profit & Social Marketing; Place Marketing & Branding; Sustainability; Tourism Marketing; and Visiting Places).
Senior Lecturer in Business, Marketing and Management.
Module Leader and developer of various modules across our degree programmes and pathways. Nick has taught for over 20 yrs, including:
- Leisure, Travel & Tourism: Introduction to Leisure & Tourism, Leisure & Tourism Planning, Tourism Development, Green Tourism, Heritage, Events Management, Managing Impacts of Leisure & Tourism.
- Marketing: Marketing for Business, Integrated Marketing Communications, Branding & Integrated Digital Campaigns.
- Business & Management: Business-startup, Enterprise & Innovation, Human Resource Management, People & Organisations.