Skip Navigation
Empty on campus accommodation room
Claim your TV Licence refund

Are you tuned into your TV licensing rules? As you head home for Summer and switch off from university, make sure you switch off your TV licence too.

If you have paid for a yearly licence but are heading home before the 12 months are up, you are entitled to a refund. And it couldn’t be easier with the TV Licence refund form. If you would rather handle this over the phone, you can call them on 0300 790 6113.

Let’s say you paid for your TV licence in October. Then you went home for Summer in May. That four months at home would give you a refund of around £48.50.

Moving from your student accommodation to a licensed address is all you need to do to qualify. When applying for your refund, you’ll need your TV licence details and evidence of the end of your tenancy agreement.

May 21, 2024


For media enquiries only, please contact the Press Office: