Adam Pendlebury is a Senior Lecturer in Law with module leader responsibility for the Law of Torts and Sports Law. He has published in peer reviewed journals, given papers at a number of international conferences and is a regular contributor to the Student Law Review and Westlaw Insight. Adam organises the Department’s educational visits which includes the European Union study tour to Brussels and Luxembourg, and the English Legal system visit to London. In 2012, he assisted in the hosting of a Centre for Sports Law Research football law event in Manchester. As part of this project he helped secure the Department’s CPD accreditation. Adam is the staff member on the Law Alumni Association, and he coordinates marketing and recruitment events.
- LLB (Hons), University of Central Lancashire, 2001
- LLM (by research) – ‘Evaluating Discipline in Sport: Fairness, Consistency and Human Rights’, University of Central Lancashire, 2003
- PGCert Teaching and Learning in Higher Education, University of Central Lancashire, 2006
- Programme Leader Law with Criminology
- LAW1005 Law of Torts
- LAW3049 Sports Law
- LAW 3046 Media Law
- Sport and competition law
- The World Anti-Doping Code
- The regulation of sports-field violence
- The regulation of sports injuries
- The regulation of Social Media in Sport
- Parrish, R. & Pendlebury, A. (2018), Football Law, in Routledge Handbook of Football Business and Management, Routledge
- Pendlebury, & Carpenter, K., (2015) ‘Tweeting the game into disrepute: regulation of social media by governing bodies – lessons from English football’ I.S.L.R. 2015, 1, 3-10.
- Pendlebury, A. and Harrison, N., ‘SARAH – does sport need her? Is the Social Action, Responsibility and Heroism Bill 2014-15 a waste of parliamentary time?’ S.L. Rev. 2015, 74(Spr), 45-46.
- Pendlebury, A., (2014), ‘Football: Disciplinary Proceedings’ Westlaw Insight, 27 October 2014.
- Pendlebury, A., (2014) ‘Aggravated Breaches of Football Association Rules: The Quenelle Cases Explained’ S.L. Rev. 73 (Aut.) 49-50.
- Parrish, R. & Pendlebury, A., (2013), International and Comparative Sports Justice: England, European Sports Law and Policy Bulletin pp. 97-127.
- Pendlebury, A. (2013), ‘Tweeting the Game into Disrepute’ S.L. Rev. 2013 69 (Sum.) 44-45.
- Pendlebury, A. (2013), ‘Case Comment: FA v John Terry, Independent Disciplinary Commission 24-27 September 2012’ S.L. Rev. 2013 67 (Spr) 39-40.
- Pendlebury, A. & Semens, A. (2012), ‘The Sports Agent Industry’, in Chadwick, S. & Beech, J. (eds), ‘Business of Sport Management’, Pearson.
- Pendlebury, A., (2012) ‘Case Comment – Leeds United Football Club Ltd v Chief Constable of West Yorkshire  EWHC 2113 (QB): Who Pays for the Policing of Football Matches?’ S.L. Rev. 2012, 67(Aut),54.
- Pendlebury, A., (2012) ‘The Olympic Games: Eligibility to Compete after a Doping Infringement.’ S.L. Rev. 2012, 67(Aut), 52-54.
- Pendlebury,A., (2012), ‘On the Ball Violence: Challenges in Court’ Entertainment and Sports Law Journal 10(1).
- Pendlebury, A., (2012) ‘Sutton v Syston Rugby Football Club Limited: the regulation of pitch safety.’ S.L. Rev. 2012, 66(Sum), 51-52.
- Pendlebury, A., (2011) ‘Case Comment: United States Olympic Committee v International Olympic Committee Unreported’ October 4, 2011 (CAS). S.L. Rev. 2012, 65(Spr), 50-52.
- Pendlebury, A., (2011) ‘Case Comment – The Regulation of On-the-Ball Violence in Sport: R v. Chapman (unreported) Crown Court (Warwick).’ 2010. S.L. Rev. 2011, 64(Aut), 51-52.
- Pendlebury, A. & Semens, A., ‘Sports Governing Bodies and Leveraging of Power: What Is the Appropriate Governance Model?’  1-2 ISLJ 14.
- Pendlebury, A. & McGarry, J. (2009), ‘Location, Location, Location: the Whereabouts Rule and the Right to Privacy’, Cambrian Law Review, 2009, 40, 63-75.
- Pendlebury, A. (2006), ‘Perceptions of Playing Culture in Sport: The Problem of Diverse Opinion in the Light of Barnes’, Entertainment and Sports Law Journal, 4(2).
- Pendlebury, A. (2014), ‘Tweeting the Game into Disrepute: The Regulation of Social Media in Sport’, Sport and EU Annual Conference, Cologne, June 2014.
- Pendlebury, A. (2010), ‘Watching an Athlete’s Every Move: The Whereabouts Rule and the Right to Privacy’, Sport and EU 5th Annual Conference, Ghent, June 2010.
- Pendlebury, A. (2009), ‘Violence as Sporting Disease: Did Grayson Have the Cure?’, Sport and EU Annual Conference, University of Stirling, June 2009.
- Parrish, R. & Pendlebury, A. (2009), ‘Limits on the Exercise of Private Powers – Why Is Leveraging Private Commercial Power Prohibited as an Abuse under EC Law?’, European Union Studies Association Conference, Los Angeles, April 2009.
- Pendlebury, A. (2005), ‘Perceptions of Playing Culture in Amateur Sport: The Participants’ Diverse Responses’, International Sports Law Conference, State of Play: Contemporary Developments in Sports Law, Lancashire Law School, April 2005.