The Productivity & Innovation Centre is part-funded by the European Regional Development Fund to provide innovation support and advisory services to Lancashire based SMEs.
Supporting profitable growth through innovation
Over 90 SMEs have accessed our fully-funded support to address their growth and scale-up challenges and opportunities and to develop financially feasible solutions. The focus of the Centre is product and service innovation, underpinned by stripping out inefficiencies in your business model and new business development processes.
On average, SMEs who complete the Productivity & Innovation Centre programme and stick to their growth action plan achieve between 22% – 40% growth. Read the case studies to find out why and get in touch to be part of the region’s stand-out business scale-up programme.
Here to support you
Innovation Sprint Programme
Even the most successful SMEs experience challenges concerning changing customer needs, inefficient processes, growth sales targets, strong competitors, unfocused branding, complicated routes to market, inefficient use of resources, and disruptive changes in technology.
We offer a fully-funded Innovation Sprint Programme with academic and business support to help you address your challenges and maximise your business opportunities.
The Programme described one business network as “Lancashire’s best kept secret” is making a real difference to the economic development of the region’s most ambitious SMEs from a wide-range of sectors.
- 50 hours of intensive growth support working on your business
- 4 intensive workshops delivered over a consecutive 4 week period
- 1-2-1 facilitation by academics and our business experts
- Market research and rich data collection to aid decision making
- World-class Rapid Innovation tools and frameworks
- Key decision makers must attend (1-4 people)
- Delivered on our award-winning campus facilities in Ormskirk
- Follow-on opportunities to collaborate with the University, students, and our SME network
Fully-funded places on the Innovation Sprint Programme are limited. To be eligible to secure one of our fully-funded places, your business must:
- Be an Small and Medium Enterprise (SME, as defined by the European Commission)
- Be registered or have its principal trading address in Lancashire
One of our Business Development Coordinators will confirm eligibility during an initial meeting.
This programme is for SMEs looking to develop and implement a scale-up strategy. That encompasses businesses of all different financial sizes, but all our SMEs share similar levels of ambition to stimulate growth, improve profitability, and create new highly skilled employment opportunities.
Get in touch
Contact us to book a consultation with a member of our Business Development Team or to find out more about the Productivity & Innovation Centre: