We can work with you to address key strategic projects or challenges. Access leading knowledge and research through Knowledge Transfer Partnerships (KTPs).
“When we embarked on the Edge Hill Innovation Sprint Programme we had no idea what a positive impact this would have on CRG. Not only have we identified how a dynamic digital and data management system can support and benefit CRG, we are now about to embark on a journey with the University team and the KTP Associate to deliver this to the business. It is an exciting project which will have a significant impact on the way we work and the increased benefits we can provide our members.”
KTPs are supported through grant funding by Innovate UK; SMEs are eligible for up to two thirds of the costs of the KTP supported by grant funding. KTPs can last between 12 to 36 months where the knowledge is transferred from the University into the business via academic expertise and one or more graduate level Associates; employed for the life of the project to deliver its aims.
Innovate UK’s priority is to fund KTP projects which demonstrate the potential for a high level of innovation, economic and/or societal impact, as well as being a challenge for all the participants and they have a number of ‘priority’ areas which they are looking to support.
The University’s department of Computer Science’s research specialisms can support projects which cover:
- Digital technologies
- Emerging technologies
- Creative industries
- Security and Healthcare – assisted living
- Data Analysis and Visualisation
- Artificial Intelligence and Robotics
- Machine Learning and Systems Automation
The specialisms of Edge Hill’s Business School include:
- Consumer behaviour
- Digital service design
- Business development management
- Supply chains
- Branding and marketing
- Business model strategy
What are the benefits?
- Access to specialist knowledge and skills
- Highly qualified academics and graduates to lead and deliver new projects
- An opportunity to develop innovative solutions to help your business grow
- Increased competitive advantage
- Improved performance/business operations
- Increased profitability
Although the benefits of KTPs vary from project to project, the latest information provided by Innovate UK indicates that businesses, on average, realise:
- An increase of more than £240,000 in annual pre-tax profits
- Creation of 2 new permanent positions within the company
- Existing staff receive an increase in skills and capacity
Get in touch
Call us on 01695 657 756 or complete the form below to find out how we can help you: