Edge Hill University has invested in excellent Creative Arts facilities. The Creative Arts department is primarily located in Creative Edge and The Arts Centre.
Facilities in Creative Edge
Creative Edge hosts:
- two recording studios
- sound-editing suites
- a radio studio
- individual rehearsal rooms
- animation studios
- a photographic studio
- two TV studios with broadcast capacity and full production capabilities.
Our innovative Creative Arts facilities are designed to ensure you gain skills and practical experience using industry standard equipment. Dedicated technical support in the use all resources are available from our highly experienced support staff.
You will benefit from high-definition TV studios. They come equipped with:
- camera channels operated by either a studio configuration or hand-held setup
- production galleries and control rooms with reference lighting
- a Media Management system (Editshare) which ensures tapeless workflow and provides network storage
- a fully independent talkback system to all studio areas.
Based in Creative Edge, you can expect to use equipment such as vision mixers, HD routers, chroma key infinity walls and fully populated, motorised lighting rigs.
PC- and Apple Mac-based studios offer access to Adobe Creative Suite, and media editing booths equipped with software such as Adobe Premier and Avid Media Composer are available. Creative Edge also boasts an audio dubbing suite that enables you to access a sound mixing desk, as well as sound performance rooms to add audio dialogue replacement.
Facilities in The Arts Centre
The Arts Centre is home to The Rose Theatre, a local community theatre available to students, staff and the general public. It hosts student productions and a lively programme of arts and entertainment from touring theatre and dance companies, comedians and musicians.
You have access to a variety of performance and rehearsal spaces, including dance studios with sprung floors, various recording facilities and practice rooms:
- The Studio Theatre (135 seat theatre).
- Two dance studios and two further studios with fully sprung floors.
- Two black box drama studio.
- Five rehearsal rooms.
- A fully-equipped theatre construction workshop.
- A digital sound studio.
- A digital design suite.
- Three theatre design studios and costume construction area.
- A music technology room.
- A recital room.
- Two music practice studios/teaching spaces (one with recording studio/control).
- An outdoor performance area.
The Rose Theatre is also at the centre of a lively social scene, with a café bar, exhibition space and art foyer.