Call for Proposals – SOLSTICE e-Learning and CLT (Centre for Learning and Teaching) Conference, Thursday 7th and Friday 8th June 2018
Deadline for proposals: Friday 19th January 2018 (midnight)
We are inviting proposals for papers, workshops, demonstrations, presentations, short “PechaKucha” style presentations and posters which broadly align with the conference themes, or relate to other areas of effective practices.
All proposals will be subject to rigorous peer review.
Information and Instructions for Proposals
If you wish to submit a proposal, after reading the instructions, please complete the 2018 SOLSTICE and CLT Conference Proposal Form.
The 2018 SOLSTICE and CLT Conference will be taking place at Edge Hill University on Thursday 7th and Friday 8th June 2018.
More information to follow on the conference website.
For conference updates, follow us on Twitter:
The 2017 SOLSTICE and CLT Conference will take place on Monday 5th and Tuesday 6th June in The Business School at Edge Hill University
Deadline: Wednesday 16th March (4 pm)
The SOLSTICE and CLT Conference sessions will run as two parallel strands over two days, Thursday 9th and Friday 10th June 2016.
We invite proposals for papers, workshops, demonstrations, presentations, “PechaKucha” style presentations and poster presentations which broadly align with the conference themes, or relate to other areas of effective practices
Please click here to find out more.
The 2016 SOLSTICE and CLT Conference is taking place on Thursday 9th and Friday 10th June at Edge Hill University, Ormskirk, UK.
The Conference Themes are:
SOLSTICE Conference Themes:
- Creative deployment of technologies to enhance the student experience
- Getting the best out of the VLE
- Adding value to large group teaching using technology
- Creative use of technologies in the classroom
- Electronic assessment and feedback
- Student induction into HE and the role of technology
- Going beyond PowerPoint
- Technologies and formative assessment
- The role and use of online classrooms
- MOOCS and developments in online course structures
- Approaches to enhancement of learning, teaching and assessment
- Post Graduate Learners and learning
- Technologies and internationalisation of the student experience
- Lecture capture
- Inclusive technologies
CLT Conference Themes:
- Student induction and transitions
- Implications of post-16 curriculum changes re planning for induction and transitions
- Making the first year experience a success
- Assessment for learning
- Retention focused practices
- Adding value to large group teaching
- Enhancing employability
- Skills and information literacy
- Academic writing
- Teaching and supporting international students
- Leading change in the teaching and learning arena
- Internationalisation and international students’ experiences
- Emerging challenges and improving student success
- Education for sustainable development
- Peer mentoring
- Inclusive practices
- Personal tutoring
We are delighted to announce that many of the keynote speakers, who have contributed to previous SOLSTICE and CLT conferences over the past 10 years, will be returning for the 2016 conference to ensure that it is a memorable occasion.
We are delighted to announce that the dates for the 2016 SOLSTICE and CLT Conference are Thursday 9th and Friday 10th June 2016.
This will be the 10-year celebration for the SOLSTICE Conference and we hope that many of you will be able to join us. The conference is open to everyone working in further and higher education, both nationally and internationally. The conference will be held at the Ormskirk campus and further details will be advertised shortly.
Any enquiries regarding the conference can be emailed to email@example.com or you can contact Lizy Reed on 01695 650750.