Emre Unlu has been a Senior Lecturer in Business Economics at Edge Hill University since 2015. Holding a Ph.D. in Economics from Louisiana State University since 2012, Emre previously worked as a Lecturer of Economics at Queen’s University Belfast Management School from June 2012 to September 2015. During this tenure, he taught modules such as Game Theory and Advanced Business Economics, earning high student evaluations.
In his current role at Edge Hill University, Emre assumes the Module Leader position for key economics modules, overseeing assessments, maintaining marking standards, and actively supporting students through both online and face-to-face means. Besides his teaching responsibilities, he plays a pivotal role in research activities and provides supervision for both Graduate and Undergraduate student dissertations.
Emre’s commitment to academic standards is further evidenced by his role as an External Examiner for the University of Central Lancashire, Department of Economics, from September 2019 to September 2023. In this capacity, he conducted examinations and evaluations of academic programs, ensuring compliance with academic standards and quality assurance.
In addition to his teaching and examination roles, he has been actively involved in administrative responsibilities, serving as the Head of Year 2 (Business Management program & pathways) since September 2020. Simultaneously, he has been the Undergraduate and Graduate Dissertation Supervisor, contributing significantly to the academic development of students. Furthermore, he has coordinated the Edge Hill Business School Lunch Talk Seminar Series from December 2016 to March 2023, showcasing his commitment to fostering academic dialogue and engagement.
Emre’s research interests span game theory, theoretical foundations of social networks, applied microeconomics, research assessment and evaluation and environmental economics. His research output includes publications in reputable journals such as The Manchester School, BERA, and Research Evaluation. Beyond publications, he has engaged in reviewing activities for prestigious journals, including Mathematical Social Sciences, Economic Modeling, Research Evaluation, Theory and Decision, and Theoretical Economic Letters. Emre is a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy and a member of the American Economic Association, Game Theory Society, and European Economic Association.
Research Assessment and Evaluation:
– Impact of Submission Rules on Research Assessment
– Quality Assessment of Research Environments
– Role of Impact Metrics in Research Excellence
– Aid Flows: Classification and Evaluation
– Innovative Approaches to Research Evaluation
Environmental Economics and Sustainability:
– Green Aid Flows: Classification and Environmental Quality
– Foreign Direct Investment and Environmental Impacts
– Efficiency and Heterogeneity in Networks
– Information Networks: Spillovers and Dynamics
– Collaborative Networks and Externalities
– Performance Dynamics in Network Structures
– Economics for Accountants
– Intermediate Economic Analysis
– International Economics
– Contemporary Issues in Economics
– Game Theory
– Advanced Business Economics
– Principles of Economics
– Market Theory
– Economics of Organizations
– Statistics for Economics
– Development Economics