Skip Navigation

Dr Colin Serridge

Senior Lecturer in Earth Science

History, Geography & Social Sciences

Dr Colin Serridge

Department: History, Geography & Social Sciences

ORCID logo View full profile



I am a Chartered Engineering Geologist with over 30 years industrial experience in the design and project management of specialist ground improvement techniques both within the UK and overseas. Over the past 10 years i have increasingly engaged with postgraduate MSc Engineering Geology and Geotechnical Engineering courses, as a visiting lecturer, delivering lectures and workshops on ground improvement techniques and sharing my experiences as an Engineering Geologist working in the ground engineering industry with the next generation of geoscientists. More recently this has been extended to Earth Science undergraduate teaching as a Teacher-Practitioner.

I currently spend 60% of my time in industry with the remaining 40% in academia, where i deliver modules on the BSc Geology and Physical Geography course at Edge Hill University. As a Teacher-Practitioner i am able to introduce case history information and data sets from ground engineering projects, which students can engage with in practical workshop exercises.