1. Criminology Research: Edge Hill University has a rich tradition of important and influential scholarship in criminology since the mid-1980s. The Department is home for the:
- Criminology Research Group
- Police Research Unit (PRU)
- Power, Discourse & Harm Research Unit (PDHRU)
2. The Legal Research Group has made a distinct and internationally well regarded contribution in the areas of: EU law, international law, human rights, legal theory, public law and legal education.
3. The Centre for Sports Law Research has been highly influential in shaping UK and EU sports law and policy through the provision of expert advice and research services to organisations including the House of Lords, the European Commission, the European Parliament, national governments and sports organisations and sports stakeholders.
If you would like to discuss any aspect of the Department’s research, please contact Professor Richard Parrish.