UpSkilling Lancashire Programme
The UpSkilling Lancashire service is part-funded by the European Social Fund and supports Lancashire based SMEs and micro businesses to assess and increase the skills and capability of their employees, enabling the business to compete regionally, nationally and internationally.
People are your greatest asset so developing people with the right skills and capabilities is paramount to business success.
Our UpSkilling Lancashire service has helped a growing number of Lancashire SMEs identify their training and workforce development needs. Find more information in the case studies below.
Here to support you
Contact Andrea Cunningham for more information
It brings together a range of support to help equip your business for the future including:
- A fully funded company workforce development needs assessment
- Production of a training plan
- Signposting potential training solutions and introductions to funded and commercial training providers
- Through Edge Hill University’s student body it provides support through student placements or projects
- Access to the graduate talent market
Providing opportunities for students can be mutually beneficial. It can bring fresh ideas into your workplace whilst developing your business and the future workforce.
Ways to work with and inspire students include:
- Short-term work placements (remote or at your workplace)
- Sandwich placements – ‘Year in Industry’
- Live projects – students working on projects for employers
- Becoming a guest speaker
- Industry and career events
To qualify for support through the UpSkilling Lancashire project your business must satisfy the following criteria:
- Be based in Lancashire.
- Employ 249 employees or less.
- Be a SME or micro business (as defined by the European Commission) with an annual turnover that is less than 50 million Euros and/or a balance sheet total that is less than 43 million Euros.
Get in touch
Call us or fill in the form for more information.
Read the UpSkilling Lancashire privacy notice.