The Careers Team aims to help students develop their employability, offering opportunities to learn, gain transferable skills and acquire relevant work experience.
We encourage all students to use our services from 1st year onwards. All interviews with Careers Advisers are confidential (except under legal obligation) and our private interview facilities are available. Careers operates within the AGCAS Code of Practice on Guidance.
Don’t worry if you don’t know what you want to do, or what options you have with your degree, we are here to help!
How We Can Help
Settling In and Making Friends
Getting involved in volunteering can help you to meet people and settle in. It will develop your skills, enhance your CV, and in addition you can apply for an Edge Hill Excellence Scholarship – worth up to £2,000!
Our Employment Adviser helps students find part-time work within a 20 mile radius of the university. She also encourages departments to advertise student jobs on campus via the Careers online vacancy system. Email us to find out more or check our social media pages
Making the Most of Your Summer
Why not work at Glastonbury and see your favourite bands for free? Or, mix with the rich and famous at Wimbledon or Aintree races? The Careers Team recruits for these and other opportunities so check our social media, our online vacancy system or email us to find out more.
Gaining Vital Experience
Volunteering can be a route to employment, or a chance to try something which may help you choose a career. You can volunteer from a couple of hours per month to a couple of days per week. Gain money from volunteering with An Edge Hill Excellence Scholarship – worth up to £2,000!
Are You on the Right Track?
If you are unsure about whether you have chosen the right course, or you have no idea what you can do with your degree, we can help! Come and have a confidential chat with one of our Careers Advisers
Information and Resources
We write and provide a range of resources to help you find out more about: careers that are linked to your degree; specific careers; interviews and much more.
Each year we invite over 400 employers onto campus at events such as careers fairs or as visiting speakers in timetabled lectures. By speaking to employers at these events you can learn about different jobs, gain vital knowledge of specific sectors and develop contacts for the future. Check our social media and news to make sure you don’t miss out!
Getting a Job
Whether it’s a part-time, vacation or graduate job, the Careers team can help you find and make effective applications for jobs.
Location: Ground floor, Catalyst Building
Our Partnership with You
As a student we expect you to:
- Fully engage in career planning at an early stage, setting out and taking ownership of your careers action plan.
- Make full use of the services and facilities available in Careers to support you.
- Use the feedback mechanisms to let us know what you think.
What We Will Provide
- Professionally qualified and well informed staff who are committed to the quality of your career planning and experience at Edge Hill University.
- Clear and accurate information informed by up-to-date research on career options, graduate employment and recruitment processes, and opportunities for maximising your employability.
- Opportunities to actively seek and listen to your views on all aspects of your University experience and provide you with a timely response.