How to Find Us
Edge Hill University's main campus is located in Ormskirk, in the heart of the North West. Most full-time students are based on the Ormskirk Campus.
In addition to programmes delivered in Ormskirk, a number of study centres offer the opportunity to study Edge Hill University courses throughout the North West, Shropshire and further afield. Follow the links above for directions to all these sites and the main Ormskirk Campus.
- Via motorways: Leave M6 at junction 26 and join M58. Leave M58 at junction 3, taking the A570 towards Southport and Ormskirk. You should see signs for 'Edge Hill University' when you leave the motorway. From junction 3 the journey is 2.8 miles and takes approximately 5 minutes. The campus can also be reached from Preston or Liverpool via the A59. For sat nav you can use the postcode L39 4QP but please check that the route provided arrives via the main entrance in St Helens Road. Alternatively enter lat/long co-ordinates 53.558622,-2.875178.
- Via Liverpool: Change at Liverpool Lime Street to Merseyrail Northern Line for Ormskirk Station. You can join the Northern Line at Liverpool Central or Moorfields. These stations can be reached from Liverpool Lime Street via underground /metro Wirral Line, or on foot.
- Via Preston: from Preston Station take train to Ormskirk.
From Ormskirk Station you can get to the Campus in a variety of ways:
- Bus: From Ormskirk train station take the pedestrian walkway to Ormskirk bus station and connect with the Edge Link bus for a direct route to campus.
- Walk: Turn right from the station and walk up the road you are on, Station Approach. At the top turn left, then first right. Walk along Stanley Street and Knowsley Road, across two junctions, until you reach the main St Helens Road. Turn left and continue until you reach the Campus. This will take around 15 minutes: Map
- Taxi: There are 24-hour taxi services close to the station.
More Travel Options
Please visit the University's Travel Pages for more travel options and advice, including information relating to:
- Journey Planning
- Bus Travel
- Car Sharing
- Car Parking