If you want to study a full-time undergraduate programme at Edge Hill University, you will need to apply through UCAS.
The institution code for Edge Hill University is E42.
How to Apply
- You can apply for up to five courses online at www.ucas.com/apply;
- Register to use UCAS Apply by adding your personal details, creating a username and password, and setting up security questions;
- You will add your course choices, details of qualifications already achieved, any qualifications which you’re currently completing, as well as your employment history;
- A personal statement provides the opportunity to show course providers why you want to study the course and why you think you would make a great student. Read our tips on how to write a great personal statement at www.edgehill.ac.uk/ucasstatement.
- Double check everything, get a reference and pay the UCAS application fee and you’ll be ready to submit your application;
- A step-by-step guide to filling in your application is available on the UCAS website.
Submitting Your Application
How your application is submitted will vary slightly depending on your circumstances.
|At a school or college registered with UCAS?||
|Independent applicant in the UK?||
|International applicant from outside the UK?||
Further information about references, payment and submitting your application can be found on the UCAS website.
UCAS Application Fee
The application fee payable to UCAS is £23 for programmes starting in April or September 2015.
If you apply to only one course at a single university or college, the application fee is £12 for September 2015 entry.
Applications submitted after 30th June 2015 for September 2015 entry will carry an application fee of £23 for all prospective students.
- You can track the progress of your application at track.ucas.com;
- If your application is successful, you may receiver a conditional offer, unconditional offer, or you may be invited to attend an interview or audition;
- Once you have received decisions for each of your choices, if you have any unconditional offers, you can select one to confirm your place. If your offers are conditional on exam results or other requirements, you can pick a Firm Acceptance as your first choice and an Insurance Acceptance as your reserve choice.
- Further information about making sense of your offers and replying to offers can be found on the UCAS website.
- If you do not receive an offer of a place or decline any offers received, you can add an extra choice through UCAS Extra, open between late February and early July each year.
Results Day and Clearing
- If you get the exam grades you need, the university who you made your Firm Acceptance choice will confirm your place through UCAS Track;
- If you just miss out on the exam grades you need, you may still be accepted by your Firm Acceptance choice or, alternatively, you may have your place confirmed at your Firm Insurance choice. You should refer to UCAS Track on the day of your results for clarification;
- If your exam results are not what you hoped for and your university place is not confirmed at either your Firm Acceptance or Firm Insurance choices, or you do better than expected and change your decision about where to study, the UCAS Clearing service is designed to help you;
- You can apply for any course that still has vacancies through Clearing from July to September each year. Most students will only access Clearing following the publication of exam results in mid-August;
- For all you need to know about getting your results, visit the UCAS website.
- September – you can typically apply online from 1st September for entry the following Autumn;
- January – the initial closing date for the receipt of UK and EU applications is 15th January each year. Although we will still consider applications received after this date for most courses, we recommend that you apply by the deadline;
- February – UCAS Extra begins on 25th February 2015;
- August – A Level Results Day is on 13th August 2015. This date sees the start of the full Clearing vacancies search, although Clearing is available from early July 2015 if you have your results already.
Get in Touch
If you have any queries about the application process, please do not hesitate to contact Course Enquiries by calling 01695 657000 or completing our online enquiry form.