Our fully-funded Summer Residentials provide the opportunity for Year 12 and 1st year college students to experience life on campus during a four-day, three-night residential visit in August.
Staying in halls of residence at Edge Hill University, you will have the opportunity to choose the subject you are most interested in pursuing in Higher Education.
You will focus on this subject during a series of academic workshops, ensuring you gain a real insight into what studying a degree in your preferred subject area would be like.
You will meet other students who are interested in joining a degree in your subject area, work with student guides, receive advice on completing a UCAS application, and participate in a variety of social activities. You will also receive an induction in using the University library and IT facilities on campus.
Please note, the University does not cover the cost of travel to and from the summer residential.
Dates and Subjects
Two residentials are taking place in Summer 2017. The relevant date will depend on your preferred subject. Places are limited so we recommend submitting your application as soon as possible.
Monday 31st July – Thursday 3rd August 2017
- Subjects available (depending on minimum numbers): Advertising and Design; Animation; Creative Performance; Creative Writing; Dance; Drama; English Language; English Literature; Film and TV Production; History; Music; Musical Theatre; Public Relations; Social Sciences; Sport and Physical Activity (Physical Sciences); Sport and Physical Activity (Social Sciences).
- How to apply: Apply online at ehu.ac.uk/residentialweek1. There is a time limit of four hours to complete your application. As part of the application process, you will need to complete a supporting statement of up to 400 words (you may wish to draft this first, before starting your application). You will also need to provide the name and email address of a referee from your school or college.
Monday 7th August – Thursday 10th August 2017
- Subjects available (depending on minimum numbers): Applied Health and Social Care; Biology; Business/Economics/Accountancy/Marketing; Computer Science; Geography; Geology; Law, Criminology and Policing; Professional Health; Psychology; Teaching and Education.
- How to apply: Apply online at ehu.ac.uk/residentialweek2. There is a time limit of four hours to complete your application. As part of the application process, you will need to complete a supporting statement of up to 400 words (you may wish to draft this first, before starting your application). You will also need to provide the name and email address of a referee from your school or college.
- Please note, if you are applying for the Teaching and Education residential, an additional statement of up to 300 words will be required, outlining why you are interested in working children of your chosen age group, what you understand about the role of a teacher or an alternative educational role working with children or young people (you may wish to draft this first, before starting your application).
Year 12 Residential Gallery
View a gallery of 90 images from the Year 12 Residentials that took place in Summer 2016 to gain a further insight into what to expect if you attend a summer residential in 2017.
The academic sessions were a step up from A Level but I was able to cope with them and they weren’t as hard as I thought they might be.
I now feel that I know so much more about university, in particular the different assignments and assessment there will be.
I wanted to see what it would be like to live away from home, as well as to experience studying Law.
It has definitely made Edge Hill stand out from other universities.
I came here very nervous and not knowing anyone but I put myself out there and just thought what is there to lose!
The academic sessions taught me how to work in a team and I enjoyed meeting new people.
Further information, including a subject-by-subject guide to what you will study during the academic workshops, is available at ehu.ac.uk/residentialsubjects.