Our fully-funded Summer Residentials provide the opportunity for Year 12 and 1st year college students to experience life on campus during a four-day, three-night residential visit in August.
Staying in halls of residence at Edge Hill University, you will have the opportunity to choose the subject you are most interested in pursuing in Higher Education.
You will focus on this subject during a series of academic workshops, ensuring you gain a real insight into what studying a degree in your preferred subject area would be like.
You will meet other students who are interested in joining a degree in your subject area, work with student guides, receive advice on completing a UCAS application, and participate in a variety of social activities. You will also receive an induction in using the University library and IT facilities on campus.
Please note, the University does not cover the cost of travel to and from the summer residential.
Dates and Subjects
Two residentials are taking place in Summer 2020. The relevant date will depend on your preferred subject. Places are limited so we recommend submitting your application as soon as possible.
The closing date for applications is Monday 6 July 2020 at 9am.
Monday 27 July 2020 – Thursday 30 July 2020
- Subjects available (depending on minimum numbers): Animation; Applied Health and Social Care; Business (includes Accountancy, Advertising, Economics, Management and Marketing); Creative Media; Dance; Drama; Film and TV Production; Music Production; Musical Theatre; Professional Health; Social Sciences; Sport and Physical Activity;
- How to apply: Apply online at ehu.ac.uk/residentialweek1. There is a time limit of four hours to complete your application. As part of the application process, you will need to complete a supporting statement of up to 400 words (you may wish to draft this first, before starting your application). You will also need to provide the name and email address of a referee from your school or college.
Monday 3 August 2020 – Thursday 6 August 2020
- Subjects available (depending on minimum numbers): Biology; Computer Science; Creative Writing; English Language; English Literature; Geography; Geology; History; Law, Criminology and Policing; Politics; Psychology; Teaching and Education.
- How to apply: Apply online at ehu.ac.uk/residentialweek2. There is a time limit of four hours to complete your application. As part of the application process, you will need to complete a supporting statement of up to 400 words (you may wish to draft this first, before starting your application). You will also need to provide the name and email address of a referee from your school or college.
- Please note, if you are applying for the Teaching and Education residential, an additional statement of up to 300 words will be required, outlining what you understand about the role of a teacher or the educational role you are interested in (you may wish to draft this first, before starting your application).
Year 12 Residential Gallery
I came here very nervous and not knowing anyone but I put myself out there and just thought what is there to lose!
I wanted to see what it would be like to live away from home, as well as to experience studying Law.
The academic sessions were a step up from A Level but I was able to cope with them and they weren’t as hard as I thought they might be.
It has definitely made Edge Hill stand out from other universities.
I now feel that I know so much more about university, in particular the different assignments and assessment there will be.
The academic sessions taught me how to work in a team and I enjoyed meeting new people.
Further information, including a subject-by-subject guide to what you will study during the academic workshops, is available at www.edgehill.ac.uk/residentialsubjects.
If you have any queries about the Year 12 Residentials, you can also email us at email@example.com.