Virtual Open Day
Our virtual open day pages offer the chance to discover everything that Edge Hill University has to offer and find out more about any subjects of interest through a series of online activities.
The pages provide the opportunity to view exclusive video content, including pre-recorded presentations about the University and our courses. You can also take a virtual tour of the campus and find out more about student life, accommodation and student support.
You can book your place to attend an open day at Edge Hill University on the following dates in 2021:
- Saturday 12 June 2021, 10am-3pm – plans for our June open day are being reviewed to ensure that arrangements are in line with the latest Government guidelines. You can register your interest and we will contact you when bookings have opened. If you have already booked your place at this event, we will contact you in the coming weeks.
- Saturday 14 August 2021, 10am-3pm – Book Now – we are still taking bookings for our August open day, however arrangements for this event are yet to be determined. We will be watching Government guidelines closely over the coming weeks and months and will provide further details as soon as possible.
- Saturday 11 September 2021, 10am-3pm – Book Now
- Saturday 9 October 2021, 10am-3pm – Book Now
- Saturday 13 November 2021, 10am-3pm – Book Now
Open days are suitable whether you are looking to study an undergraduate programme or postgraduate course. Attending an open day provides an opportunity for you, and your family, to see our beautiful campus.
Student guides will take you on a tour of the halls of residence and faculty buildings, highlighting the wide range of impressive facilities and resources we offer.
You will discover why the campus has been ranked best in the North West and in the top five in the UK for university facilities (WhatUni Student Choice Awards 2020) and been recognised as one of the world’s best green spaces for nine successive years (Green Flag Award 2020).
During the day, you can speak personally with course tutors, attend subject presentations, take tours of subject-based facilities and engage in practical activities. You will discover everything you need to know about the student experience at Edge Hill.
Staff will also be on hand to advise about the application process, accommodation, understanding fees and finance, and planning for your future career.
If you have any queries about open days or how to book, please contact Course Enquiries on 01695 657000 or complete our online enquiry form.
Tips on How to Plan Your Day
One of our student bloggers, Lauren, has written a guide to making the most of an open day.
Lauren is a Primary Education student who attended an Edge Hill open day prior to choosing to study with us.
You can read Lauren’s tips on how to plan your day and what to see on campus to gain a student’s perspective on the open day experience.
Open Day Gallery
Share Your Experience
Meet Some of Our Student Guides
It is especially satisfying when I work at open days and events and have the opportunity to help prospective students and their families.
An aspect of the role I particularly enjoy is providing campus tours and speaking to visitors at open days.
It's amazing meeting people of all ages and cultures from across the country at open days and events.
I enjoy speaking in front of large or small groups, so being able to share my experiences and enjoyment of Edge Hill at open days really excited me.
I enjoy meeting potential students and advising them about what Edge Hill University is like from the perspective of a student.
How to Find Us
Edge Hill University is located in the heart of North West England, close to the thriving market town of Ormskirk and the vibrant cities of Liverpool and Manchester.