Take your first step towards a rewarding career in education or teaching. If you have the creativity and dedication to inspire children and young people, join Edge Hill and develop your knowledge and skills in partnership with one of our diverse school setting partners.
There are few careers more rewarding than education. It takes creativity and dedication to inspire children and young people, but the sense of satisfaction you’ll get at the end of a working day is incredible.
We’ve been training teachers for over 125 years, so we know what it takes to help you thrive – as well as how to solve the challenges you might face along the way. And we’ve built partnerships with over 2,000 schools, colleges and other education settings where you can practise your skills on placement.
Think you have the creativity and curiosity you’ll need to succeed? Whether you want to manage a nursery, teach in a school or deliver education programmes in a museum, we’re here to support your career ambitions.
- We’ve been training teachers for over 125 years – The Guardian University Guide 2021 ranked us top in the North West for Education, so you’re in expert hands.
- With our connections to over 2,000 institutions, there are plenty of opportunities for work experience. That’s just one of the reasons why we’re 2nd in the North West for graduate prospects in the Complete University Guide 2021.
- We have a range of courses covering different ages and types of education. Each could lead to a rewarding career – you just need the imagination and curiosity to succeed.
I feel like I haven’t just developed academically over the last three years, I’ve also changed as a person.
BA (Hons) Education and Religion
Everyone that teaches on the course has been in a professional teaching role at some point in their career and their expertise makes them more relatable and the course more valid.
BA (Hons) Primary Education with QTS
That moment when a child understands a concept for the first time, it’s the most rewarding thing.
BA (Hons) Primary Education with QTS
- Discover Edge Hill: Bethany (Secondary Religious Education with QTS)
- Discover Edge Hill: Lauren (Primary Mathematics Education with QTS)
- Early Years: Working and teaching in the Early Years
- Inside Edge: What I love about my Primary Education course
- Inside Edge: Learning beyond the classroom
- Inside Edge: Supporting children to be mentally healthy
- Inside Edge: My first professional practice
- Inside Edge: Teaching courses at Edge Hill University
- Inside Edge: What is the Primary Education course all about?
- Inside Edge: Information and preparation for a regional teaching placement
Education and Teaching in the News
- Edge Hill teaching graduate nominated for New Teacher of the Year for launching Sock Olympics
- Student destined to be a teacher since birth achieves her dream in memory of her dad and grandma
- Life’s tickety-boo for former bingo caller who graduates with a First
- Professor of Children’s Rights influences policy at the Parliamentary Education Committee
- Behind the scenes with Edge Hill graduate star of national teaching campaign
EHU Insight on The Conversation
- BA (Hons) Education
- BA (Hons) Education and English
- BA (Hons) Education and History
- BA (Hons) Education and Mathematics
- BA (Hons) Education and Religion
- BA (Hons) Education and Sociology
- BA (Hons) Children & Young People’s Learning & Development (Primary)
- FdA Early Years Education and Leadership
- BA (Hons) Teaching, Learning and Child Development
- BA (Hons) Working and Teaching in the Early Years
We also offer conversion (top-up) degrees which focus on leadership and management in early years settings:
The Faculty of Education enjoys the enviable position of being one of the country’s leading providers of education, training and research for the Children’s Workforce.
Housed in a state-of-the-art £9m building, the Faculty of Education’s facilities include a 300-seat lecture theatre, five well-equipped ICT suites, and 18 teaching rooms complete with the latest technology.
The faculty has a strong commitment to practice-based learning and has developed partnerships with over 2,000 schools and colleges, local authorities and professional associations.
Faculty of Education 360 Virtual Tour
Open Days and Virtual Events
Our virtual open day pages offer the chance to discover everything that Edge Hill University has to offer and find out more about any subjects of interest, including education and teaching, through a series of online activities.
You can view exclusive video content, including pre-recorded presentations about the University and our courses, take a virtual tour of the campus, and find out more about student life, accommodation and student support.