Eager to make a difference? Criminology at Edge Hill is a great place to start, whether you want to focus on this area alone or combine it with another related subject.
Working with our law and policing students, you’ll learn what it takes to team up to solve society’s problems. With the freedom to pick from a range of modules, you’ll be able to specialise too. Prepare for careers in youth justice, welfare rights, research and more.
Real change happens when curious minds challenge the power that underlies injustice. At Edge Hill, focus on criminology or combine your interests with another subject to discover how to make your mark. But you can’t solve society’s problems alone. Teaming up with students from law and policing, our courses mirror what it’s like addressing challenges in the real world.
With a range of optional modules, you’ll have lots of freedom to explore your own interests and specialise in a particular area. Each year our students are offered the invaluable opportunity to work alongside a group of learners in a local open prison.
How you use your degree is up to you. Our students work in a variety of fields like youth justice, welfare rights and research. But you might decide to join the police, prison service or an outreach group protecting vulnerable adults. Whatever you decide, potential employers will value your skills – 97.1% of our graduates are in employment or further study (Graduate Outcomes 2017/18).
- Our wide selection of modules allows you to specialise in areas that you’re most interested in. Whichever modules you pick, you’ll be taught by tutors carrying out research in that area.
- Pick from cross-discipline modules that explore policing, politics, terrorism, gender and more. We are also able to offer some students the opportunity to spend time in a local open prison.
- Develop the skills you need to kickstart your career. Become the next Edge Hill graduate to secure a rewarding job – 97.1% of our graduates are in employment or further study (Graduate Outcomes 2017/18).
Criminology and Offending in the News
- BA (Hons) Childhood & Youth Studies and Criminology
- BA (Hons) Criminology
- BA (Hons) Criminology and Law
- BA (Hons) Criminology and Psychology
- BA (Hons) Criminology and Sociology
- BA (Hons) Politics and Criminology
- BSc (Hons) Psychology & Criminology
You may also be interested in:
The £6m Law and Psychology building provides contemporary teaching and learning facilities for students in the Department of Law and Criminology.
The three-storey building includes a 250-seat lecture theatre, seminar and tutorial rooms, and social learning areas which encourage a more informal and interactive style of learning.
Elsewhere on campus, there is a mooting room (a mock courtroom) and the EHU Police Training and Simulation Facility, part of which is furbished as a police station, which simulates a wide range of crime scenes.
Law and Psychology Building 360 Virtual Tour
Open Days and Virtual Events
Our virtual open day pages offer the chance to discover everything that Edge Hill University has to offer and find out more about any subjects of interest, including criminology and offending, through a series of online activities.
You can view exclusive video content, including pre-recorded presentations about the University and our courses, take a virtual tour of the campus, and find out more about student life, accommodation and student support.